AFR 210 sb chevy

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Skip Honaker

AFR 210 sb chevy

Post by Skip Honaker »

I have a set of 210 cnc ported heads from AFR. I was wanting to know if it is possible to get alot more out of them then what they come from AFR ? I mean bigger flow numbers. I'm been satusfied with them but freshing up the motor at the end of the year and just wanted to know.
Skip
OldSStroker
Guru
Guru

Re: AFR 210 sb chevy

Post by OldSStroker »

Skip Honaker wrote:I have a set of 210 cnc ported heads from AFR. I was wanting to know if it is possible to get alot more out of them then what they come from AFR ? I mean bigger flow numbers. I'm been satusfied with them but freshing up the motor at the end of the year and just wanted to know.
Skip
Ask Larry (maxracesoftware). If I were considering it, he would be my first choice.
shawn
Expert
Expert

Post by shawn »

I think that you should figure out what you would like to accomplish. Just making a head flow better may not be what you need to make you combonation perform better.Do you have more info.on your combo?What type of vehicle is it in?
Shawn
cboggs
Guru
Guru

Re: AFR 210 sb chevy

Post by cboggs »

Skip Honaker wrote:I have a set of 210 cnc ported heads from AFR. I was wanting to know if it is possible to get alot more out of them then what they come from AFR ? I mean bigger flow numbers. I'm been satusfied with them but freshing up the motor at the end of the year and just wanted to know.
Skip
Skip,

For your circle track application there may be "something" in the heads
but as Shawn has pointed out, .. more information about your
entire combo would be needed to really make an assesment.

I rework CnC ported heads on a very regular basis and the AFR's can
be helped, ..

Curtis
Race Flow Development
Simultaneous 5-axis CNC Porting
http://www.raceflowdevelopment.com
Scott Smith
Pro
Pro

Post by Scott Smith »

I'm sure that the only diffrence between AFR's 210 head and a 220 head is the push of a button.
Being they are only 210 might leave someone some room to do it right.
The only obstacle is they dont have the valves shifted to the exhaust side like the 227's do.

Aint 23° heads fun! :D