carb. adapter

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

bc
Pro
Pro
carb. adapter

Post by bc »

Does anyone make an adapter to fit a 4150 carb on to a 4500 intake that is a 4 hole design?
SchmidtMotorWorks
Vendor

Post by SchmidtMotorWorks »

If you can't find what you want, I can make one. I am moving my shop next week so it would be at least two weeks before I could do it.
la360
Expert
Expert

Post by la360 »

Doty Manufacturing (Mike Doty) in Montana was making them, just not sure if he still is. He made some up for the second Enginemasters competition , which we were all involved in. He can be contacted through hs website for all the necessary info. Just ask him if he still makes the spacers he did for the Moparts.com entry for the enginemasters comp.
www.dotymi.com
AL...
bc
Pro
Pro
Post by bc »

Thanks for the info LA360

SchmidtMotorWorks about how much would you would charge for this and what would be the delivery time?
SchmidtMotorWorks
Vendor

If you just want an adapter made from 6061 aluminum with 7 degree tapered holes I could do it for $100 and it will take me a few days after moving my shop which should be done in less than two weeks. So to be safe I would say three weeks.

If you want something different than that, let me know what your design idea is. I can make a CAD image of it before making it so there are no suprises.
SchmidtMotorWorks
Vendor

Wilson Manifolds already makes them.

http://www.wilsonmanifolds.com/
SStrokerAce
Guru
Guru

Post by SStrokerAce »

http://www.etheads.com/00carbspacers.htm

So does ET performance.

I doubt it could just be done for $100, if so you don't account for setup time and don't make much markup on the end product.

Bret
SchmidtMotorWorks
Vendor

I doubt it could just be done for $100, if so you don't account for setup time and don't make much markup on the end product.
That's right, I do this for fun and make something new nearly every day. I keep the programs around and the second time is a breeze.