W2 questions ???

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

phoenix
Pro
Pro

W2 questions ???

Post by phoenix »

Can anybody shed some light on the W2 (15* 47cc chamber) redesign. My questions center around the "revised intake ports". What was revised. Was the revision an improvement ? How large a valve can the head take? Etc. Thanks. Shane
phoenix
Pro
Pro

Post by phoenix »

Also, any input on intakemanifolds? If I remember correctly the M1 had fuel distribution problems.
340Cuda

Post by 340Cuda »

Ryan J from Shady Dell Speed Shop should chime in on this, but he told me that these were "absolutely bar none, the most stable flowing head ever on my bench".

He has had a lot of small block Chrysler heads on his bench.

Good Luck,
Bill Lamb
RyanJ

Post by RyanJ »

Yeah the revised intake port core, basically is a ported design, in cast form. The head bolt bulge is eliminated, the pushrod pinch bulge is 90% eliminated. The bowl is slightly larger than normal W2's, the guide boss a hair smaller. The intake short turn is wder and lower than a normal W2, ie. much closer to a ported shape. With a good valve job and a slight 3/4" down off seat bowl blend, a 65 CC open chamber W2 AB head went 296 cfm.

I would'nt use anthing bigger than 2.05 in the 47 chamber head. I would put a 2.05 in to help get rid of MP's junk valve job. Would be nice if they sold them with unmachined seats.

INDY 360-3 Intake........ everything else is a waste of time IMO.