Groden aluminum rods

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Larry Woodfin

Groden aluminum rods

Post by Larry Woodfin »

Racers,

I am ready to order rods and am strongly considering Groden, what is the feedback on Groden?

this is for a 365 S B Chevy [3 9/16 stroke x 4.035 bore] It has a light weight Cola shaft & light weight piston [flat top] with .095 pin. This is a drag race bracket engine, will make about 550 - 570 horse and be shifted about 7500 - 7600 rpm.

Groden tells me his mid-weight rod [about 520 grams/3/8 bolt] will easily go 400 runs.

So, my question, is Groden a good choice?

Thanks
Larry Woodfin
fredo11
Groden Rods

Post by fredo11 »

I have always used the Oliver billet rods for the engines I run. I had thought of using them in my newest project ( 400" nitrous sbc ) but decided to use the Groden's. I have spoken with alot of racers and engine builders and they claim that groden is a really good rod.
I doubt you will have any issues with your use of them.My engine is making 770hp & 590tq on the engine and will be subjected to serious amounts of nitrous.
user-9274568

Post by user-9274568 »

I've worked at both GRP and MGP rods, so I'm kind've biased. BUT, if you put the rod between the piston and crank and it don't break- it's a good rod! I'd run them, but I'd buy GRP's first. I've been asked this question lots. My standard answer is: call all three, whoever gives you the best deal, that's the best rod!

my .02

Chad
Larry Woodfin

Post by Larry Woodfin »

I talked with Ben @ GRP. All sounds good, good price, so that's what I ordered. The mid-weight, 3/8 bolt rod is 500 - 505 grams, just what I needed.

Thanks for the feedback

Larry Woodfin