Post by SchmidtMotorWorks »

Anyone see the Edelbrock #2801?

What do you think?

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/pdf ... oducts.pdf
highVE
Expert
Expert

Post by highVE »

I have not seen it in person as of yet, but as soon as i got my 2005 edel catolog in i seen it right away and wonderd the same thing myself. to my knowledge it is casted as an oval port w/a .500" radius. not sure of the plenum design though. if you find out how it performs let me know. by the way ReherMorrison hase a nice spread port piece. supposed to not need any further work, have you seen that one?
SchmidtMotorWorks
Vendor

Post by SchmidtMotorWorks »

I was most interested in the plenum shape being long front to back and the runners for cylinders 1,2,7,8 being shorter and more even in length to the others than most single plane manifolds. I have often wondered what the value of even length runners is and if a plenum like that would work.

I have seen some CAD files at work of manifolds like that with long plenum from an OEM that competes in NASCAR but for a small block of course.

It would be really interesting so see a comparison of the Edelbrock and the RMRE manifold. As much as I like the idea of even runner lengths, I would have to put my bets on the RMRE design.