Valve Spring Pressue Specs

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

11secAvanti
Pro
Pro

Valve Spring Pressue Specs

Post by 11secAvanti »

Does anyone have the pressure spring heigths specs. for a set of PSI Roller Valve Springs Part Number DEI-26AP? Only number on the box is Load at 2.000" @ 174 #. They are polished dual springs at 1.455" OD. I plan to install them at 1.890" and max lift will be about .520". Also need the coil bind height number. Thanks.
Wolfplace
Guru
Guru

Re: Valve Spring Pressue Specs

Post by Wolfplace »

11secAvanti wrote:Does anyone have the pressure spring heigths specs. for a set of PSI Roller Valve Springs Part Number DEI-26AP? Only number on the box is Load at 2.000" @ 174 #. They are polished dual springs at 1.455" OD. I plan to install them at 1.890" and max lift will be about .520". Also need the coil bind height number. Thanks.
=
Were these bought off Ebay or something? That does not look like any PSI part number I have seen
Far as I know all PSI springs start with PSICT or PSIDR for circle track & drag race.

Also, that 174# spec does not look like a roller spring, it looks more like a flat tappet spec.
Mike
Lewis Racing Engines
4axis CNC block machining

A few of the cars I have driven & owned
A tour of my shop
The Dyno
And a few pics of the gang

"Life is tough. Life is even tougher if you're stupid"
John Wayne
11secAvanti
Pro
Pro

Post by 11secAvanti »

Yes, the box was new and springs are new. They are PSI springs. Box number is definately DEI-26AP. Only specs I got on them was 174# @ 2.00 and 230#@1.900" with 535# open with a OD of 1.455" I was hoping to calculate the lbs per inch rate. Google search does not show a find on Performance Springs Incorported. Can't believe they don't have a web site.
Wolfplace
Guru
Guru

Post by Wolfplace »

11secAvanti wrote:Yes, the box was new and springs are new. They are PSI springs. Box number is definately DEI-26AP. Only specs I got on them was 174# @ 2.00 and 230#@1.900" with 535# open with a OD of 1.455" I was hoping to calculate the lbs per inch rate. Google search does not show a find on Performance Springs Incorported. Can't believe they don't have a web site.
=
Here is the most comprehensive listing I know of if you want to go through them but I don't have a clue what your number is unless it is some sort of spec spring for the cup team with those initials??

http://www.cvproducts.com/cv/products/b ... brandID=61

If the spring is picking up 56 lbs in a tenth the approximate rate is 560lbs but rate changes with different installed heights slightly. It also changes with the amount of lift.
Seems like a pretty hefty rate for a 1.455" spring??

I would just measure the things,,,
Mike
Lewis Racing Engines
4axis CNC block machining

A few of the cars I have driven & owned
A tour of my shop
The Dyno
And a few pics of the gang

"Life is tough. Life is even tougher if you're stupid"
John Wayne