Flow testing with activated valve?

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Darin Morgan
Show Guest
Show Guest

Post by Darin Morgan »

Mike Rogers wrote:How would you even get a reading with the manometer flucuwaiting out of control from the valve opening and closing.Would you not need some kind of computer to control your settings.Or would you use something compelety diffrent.
The monometer does not bounce up and down because the pressure fluctuations are so infinitesimally short verses the over all time the air is flowing into the cylinder. The monometer does not have time to react so, like the running engine, the air seems to never stop and the flow bench ( like the engine ) sees a continuous flow. Its not of course but to our slow observational apparatus ( eyes and ears ) that's what it looks like no matter how fast or slow you cycle the valve just so long as the valve is at or above 10 cycles a second which correlates to an idle, about 1200rpm. I need to be able to cycle the valve from 65 to 85cycles/sec in order to learn anything. That is no small feat. I have built a multitude of valve cycling apparatus and I can safely say that if I had the R&D funds to go all the way with it, It might not help me find power but WOW, what a lot of fun.
Darin Morgan
-Induction Research and Development
-EFI Calibration and Tuning
Reher Morrison Racing Engines
1120 Enterprise Place
Arlington Texas 76001
Phone 817-467-7171
Cell 682-559-0321
http://www.rehermorrison.com
headman
Pro
Pro

Post by headman »

While cycling the valve alone may hold merit, I believe real time piston motion could uncover turbulance.
maybe the trick would be to wet flow with actual piston motion.
Ape
Pro
Pro
Post by Ape »

Hi schmidt

here are some of the spoken links:

I´ll gice you the google search query so you have all of em.

just get it translated by bablefish.

http://www.google.at/search?hl=de&q=wan ... uche&meta=

christian

PS: read also the pages of literature promoted by some of the folks since they should be orderable by any good college library.
There is always advancement to be made.