PerfTech

Rottler F65A CNC block machining center

Post by PerfTech »

Does anyone have experance with these machines pro or con
drifter
Expert
Expert

Post by drifter »

Yeah they cost to much and i can't afford one lol! WHat is the price on one? What can this machine do? bore,deck aline bore lifter work can it also do work on heads?
leahymtsps
Pro
Pro

Post by leahymtsps »

I don't have a 65A, but I do have a 67A and would highly recommend it. I was told what the differences were, but I've forgotten most of them. I know the software and some of the tooling packages were different, the rest??

One thing I will say is the support - service has been very good. If you have a question or problem, it gets answered or resolved in a very timely manner, without getting jerked around.

They also share all the engine blueprints they have access to without charging you for them.

Tom
Tony B
Pro
Pro

machines

Post by Tony B »

I would like to know how it compares to the RMC.TB
CNC BLOCKS
Guru
Guru

Post by CNC BLOCKS »

I like my machine I got from RMC as its a HAAS CNC machine and the probing cylcle is a must when buying a CNC machine, The probing cylcle is automatic for the different blocks we machine, It records the locations and stores them and it tells how close the locations are to blue print.

From there we decide how for off the cylinders are and we can either bore to the preprobed locations or if there not far off we can bore to blue print.

I know a shop that has a F65 and they have to manually locate each cylinder each cylinder to bore them.

I do think the F67 has a probing cycle I am not sure on that though
Website is up and running
http://hinksonautomotive-cncblocks.com/
Machine shop tour
http://hinksonautomotive-cncblocks.com/shop-tour/
Monthly Specials
http://hinksonautomotive-cncblocks.com/specials/
55MM babbit cam bearings with 1 hole
LOTSOHP

F65a

Post by LOTSOHP »

The 65A is the older and smaller of the group. I do not know if Rottler still offers it or not, or if you can add the renishaw probe and 4th axis, are you looking at purchasing a used one? Currently the 67A is even hard to get as they are made on a conventional Chassis and most are cast in China and seem to have a waiting list. I do like the 67A and the 65A machines because if you want to just stick something on them you can grab the quill and wail away where the 68A is G-code driven and most things you might want to do in a hurry take a little more time. I also like being able to tip the head for quick work, but then you have to Re-index the head afterwords. My vote is for the 67A if you can still get one as it does everything the 68 will do when set up with the 4th axis tooling and the Renishaw probe and still has the versatility of the 65A, that's why we just purchased the 67A. Rottler has the others outclassed, being able to break out of the software and make basic manual machining processes or using the simple functions on screen save so much labor time. Their software has been developed for anyone with basic machining practices to be able to run the machine unlike most others, and still run complex 4 axis operations, you can import G-code from most other packages like Solidworks or mastercam. We even use it to do heads, recreating and modifying chambers, etc. etc. It aint cheap but probably the best value out there. Sorry so long.
If only everyone that knew it all could do it all
sweptvolume

Post by sweptvolume »

Long replies are good! I've been waiting for a thread like this. I got information on Rottler's machinery and was so-so impressed by the info I got. I'd really like to get some large packets of info from Rottler and/or RMC with tooling and pricing packages, not just a short brochure with pictures.
Bossman
Re: Rottler F65A CNC block machining center

Post by Bossman »

If any of you guys know of any one that has any tooling for sale for a F68 machine that is out of commission i am looking for a R angle line bore and pivot table
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Re: Rottler F65A CNC block machining center

Post by ProPower engines »

Bossman wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:06 pm If any of you guys know of any one that has any tooling for sale for a F68 machine that is out of commission i am looking for a R angle line bore and pivot table
Man that has to be over a year now isn't it??
I would have thought since you ordered that a way long time back it would have been shipped by now.
What does Rottler say about the long ongoing delay??

I have been looking at the F68 machine for a while now but if they can't get their shit together on tooling by now its the same thing I ran into over the SG-7 issues long ago in 2007. Its been a long road to think about them again.
But with this maybe not. [-X [-X
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors