Old Magnacharger MC-220

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Mpcoluv
Pro
Pro
Old Magnacharger MC-220

Post by Mpcoluv »

I was told years ago that Jerry Magnuson sold the tooling to the 4-rotor MC-220 superchargers to someone else. Does anyone know if anyone ever put those blowers back in production?
doconn9918
Old Magnacharger MC_220

Post by doconn9918 »

They are not in production. You can find the motorcycle versions but not the 220. My recollection is sketchy but Jerry sold to B&M who promoted it but later declined to put it in to production due to cost. Thier catalog showed a dyno run with a 350 CI Chevy with 7.5:1 CR, 9 pounds of boost that pulled 560 HP and 520 #' of torque. I beleive they sold to a gentleman in either Santa Ana or Orland CA, who liked to tinker alot. When I spoke to him, he had suped up a golf cart to do 100+ MPH. He indicated he intended to support them with parts but not resume production. This was many years ago and not much to go on.

There was some sort of affiliation with Fueling Engineering in Ventura CA as well.

I own one with less than 800 miles on it that I will eventually install on a project vette one day. So I too am on the look out for this blower. At one time, BDS told me they could provide limited support such as replacing the teflon seals or replace bearings. I have the installation/owners manual that from what I understand is very hard to come by. I hope this helps some and please pass along whatever you find. I'll do the same once I resume researching.
jonnnny1976

MC220 magnacharger information

Post by jonnnny1976 »

Hi guys, i also have one of these superchargers, i also had heaps of trouble finding info, would love a copy of any service manuals etc. I have a contact for the guy who has the tooling for these blowers. I rang Magnacharger and asked about the supercharger they had no idea but they gave me this number for a guy named Bill 5308657010. I rang him and he told me he has the tooling for these blowers, he gave me his email address aswell magna@inreach.com It was about 3-4yrs ago.
Good luck and any info would be much appreciated.
doconn9918
Old Magnacharger MC-220

Post by doconn9918 »

jonnnny1976,

I'd be glad to get you a hard copy of the owners manual if you can provide me an address. But please be patient though. I sent an email to the address you gave asking what kind of support might be provided. If I get good news, I'll post it here and ask that he post more details here.
jonnnny1976

MC220 Magnacharger

Post by jonnnny1976 »

Man that would be great, please email me, Jonmagro@hotmail.com, Thanks
doconn9918
Old Magnacharger MC-220

Post by doconn9918 »

I successfully contacted the gentleman using the link provided. He stated he has all the spare parts/tooling/prints etc. and stated he doesn’t have the time to support our blowers but everything is for sale to anyone who wants to start a new business or a hobby. These are still awesome blowers even by today’s standards. It would be nice to finally have support one day.
cargh

Re: Old Magnacharger MC-220

Post by cargh »

doconn9918 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:03 pm jonnnny1976,

I'd be glad to get you a hard copy of the owners manual if you can provide me an address. But please be patient though. I sent an email to the address you gave asking what kind of support might be provided. If I get good news, I'll post it here and ask that he post more details here.
I know your posting is over 11 years ago. I just purchased a Magnuson MC220 supercharger and would really like to get my hands on any information or manual pertaining to this. I see you sent a copy of a manual you had to another member. Do you still have copies of that manual? You can also contact me at deedeezhubby@gmail.com. Thank you in advance for any information you have.