Site Admin
Site Admin
Variable Rocker Arm

Post by speedtalk »

In Memory of Don Terrill
SpeedTalk Owner/Admin
rmbuilder

Post by rmbuilder »

Admittedly I have not looked closely at the engineering of this product but the first word that came to mind was "durability". The load on the fulcrum point with a big cam and the required spring pressures must be enormous.
Bob
Denzil

Post by Denzil »

Doesn't Crane have a similar product they are marketing now?

After looking at the site, it looks like they are swinging the rocker ratio variation a lot more than the Crane product. If I remember correctly, the Crane rocker only varies by about .5 total ratio. I've never used them, but it is an interesting concept.
Lasher...
Post by Lasher... »

Crane has their new shaft rockers that have the pushrod seat lowered to alter how the rocker responds to the pushrods movement.... acts like a 1.7 in th lower lift area and 1.6 in the mid lift and up range..... are those the Crane's you were refering to ? .... Or something else ?

As for the picture above ..... I have to wonder what a Super Stock or Comp Eliminator type cam would do to that mechanism ?

Way back when Ford used to have a rocker that had a spring loaded plunger that would take up the lash and be nearly as quiet as a hyd cam....But was only used on a 6 cyl shaft rocker set up of the early 50's I belive.... Not a race item. Didnt last long in production after hyd cams became common.
Denzil

Post by Denzil »

Crane has their new shaft rockers that have the pushrod seat lowered to alter how the rocker responds to the pushrods movement.... acts like a 1.7 in th lower lift area and 1.6 in the mid lift and up range..... are those the Crane's you were refering to ? .... Or something else ?
Yup. That is what I was referring to.
As for the picture above ..... I have to wonder what a Super Stock or Comp Eliminator type cam would do to that mechanism ?
I guess I'll keep it simple. I can't imagine that it wouldn't destroy it in short order. Maybe I'll give them a call or email and see what they say...