Street strip use with an SB2.2?

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

68rs406
Pro
Pro

Re: Street strip use with an SB2.2?

Post by 68rs406 »

I'm not really sure how many miles I've put on it to be honest but not nearly enough, I would probably guess 5-6k is all though. That's entirely a guess, maybe more. I moved 3 years back and it sat for a couple of summers mostly, probably drove less than 1k over 2 years.
It starts and runs great every spring/summer though, plan to use it a bit more this year home projects allowing.
Sean
Nite_Milkman

Re: Street strip use with an SB2.2?

Post by Nite_Milkman »

Hi there

I am currently building a 37 ford coupe that will have a custom chassis with coilovers at each corner , 4 wheel discs, adjustable shocks and springs etc
A TKO600 5 speed transmission and backing that I am yet to make my mind up..
I initially wanted to go for an SB2 as I could find one for under 9 grand rebuilt, and I want this car to be an autocross and hillclimb even circuit racing handling star .. but I just dont know if I will like the rebuild schedule on the SB2 and parts replacement regime, plus i wanna run premium pump gas (and A/C for sure)
i was told to go for something like a Dart or AFR blocked 400 - 430 SBC stroker with all the good bits, I just dont know what engine to go for as I see an engine from Skip White and then people are posting that he's dodgy! don't use him!;
I just want a fully loaded stroker engine that will hit 8000 rpm and live up there all day without caring, it's also gonna be street legal so I need things like 10:1 compression and probably not a vacuum pump or dry sump
I just want to know where a combo from somewhere like eatmonengines , rockyengines, or even racingjunk..
Want a proven combo and probably top with Holley 830 / 850 and decent ignition

Thanks guys - All the Best!