General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

machine shop tom
Guru
Guru

Re: Feuling truck heads

Post by machine shop tom »

Pray for a secular future.

We used to speak to tell things , now they tell things to speak.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
JBV-HEADS
Pro
Pro

Post by JBV-HEADS »

Hell of a mind, and his group. I’ve used many of his theories in the spray weld reshaped chambers I’ve done over the years. He was years ahead in chamber design. Too bad Mercedes stole his 3 valve ideas and had to be sued.

Joe
Stevespeed
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Stevespeed »

Early this year TK built a BBC with the centerfire heads for Terry Nish. The engine is going in some kind of charity project.
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

JBV-HEADS wrote:Hell of a mind, and his group. I’ve used many of his theories in the spray weld reshaped chambers I’ve done over the years. He was years ahead in chamber design. Too bad Mercedes stole his 3 valve ideas and had to be sued.

Joe
I was curious about this and looked up Feuling's patent 5,313,921 (and several others related to this). I did not see any mention of the 3-valve technology that had been in use, say, by Nissan for about four years prior to his patent application. That is problematic if he was trying to sue Mercedes for subsequent use of three valve technology.

I did locate a typographical error in the PTO database or Feuling's application. In a couple of Feuling's patents the cited May 10th, 1988 patent by Suzuki et al. is incorrectly linked to patent 4702804: it should be 4742804.
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

Kevin Johnson wrote:
JBV-HEADS wrote:Hell of a mind, and his group. I’ve used many of his theories in the spray weld reshaped chambers I’ve done over the years. He was years ahead in chamber design. Too bad Mercedes stole his 3 valve ideas and had to be sued.

Joe
I was curious about this and looked up Feuling's patent 5,313,921 (and several others related to this). I did not see any mention of the 3-valve technology that had been in use, say, by Nissan for about four years prior to his patent application. That is problematic if he was trying to sue Mercedes for subsequent use of three valve technology.

I did locate a typographical error in the PTO database or Feuling's application. In a couple of Feuling's patents the cited May 10th, 1988 patent by Suzuki et al. is incorrectly linked to patent 4702804: it should be 4742804.
Jim had a lot of patents. Some useful, some not.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449
JBV-HEADS
Pro
Pro

Post by JBV-HEADS »

It was the one that Ford bought from him in the late 90's and Mercedes copied. On patents; you think you have a world changer and then the business world thinks it's a dude. Oh well. People bought pet rocks for a while. There was even a cemetery for the rocks in Sacramento. You got a service and then cemented the rock to a wall. I guess the only thing that matters is what sells. Good luck,

Joe

PS. Does anybody know how to tell if a rock is dead? Just curious. I guess it's my OCS again.
machine shop tom
Guru
Guru

Post by machine shop tom »

JBV-HEADS wrote:
Joe

PS. Does anybody know how to tell if a rock is dead? Just curious. I guess it's my OCS again.
If it's name is on an active Democratic voter registry, it's dead.

tom
Pray for a secular future.

We used to speak to tell things , now they tell things to speak.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
JBV-HEADS
Pro
Pro

Post by JBV-HEADS »

=D> Now that's funny. =D> =D>

Joe
Grits & Gravy

Post by Grits & Gravy »

I've got a couple sets of these in the shop...

They aren't expensive, and they aren't rare.... Feuling had bookoo's of them on the shelf a couple years ago and was selling them dirt cheap; at least thats what they told me.

I've jacked around with them a bit but honestly I don't see what all the hoopla is about.
crazyamc

Post by crazyamc »

Not sure if you received my pm or not, so I'll post.... I'm interested in purchasing a complete set of the BBC heads, your post makes me think you might be a seller.... Thanks, Ken