Goodson 3-D Fast Cut

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

wrs

Goodson 3-D Fast Cut

Post by wrs »

I was wondering if anyone here has has any experience with Goodson's 3-D Fast Cut system? I am currently using stones to do all of my seat work. I am to the point that I am going to have to buy a new stone holder, a couple of pilots, and several new stones in the near future.

I have produced some nice seats in the past with this stone set but I am thinking that it is getting to be about time to put it to pasture and start cutting seats with fixed blade cutter.

I realize that this set-up will probably not do quite the job or as fast of a job as a Serdi or equivalent machine, but I already have a milling machine to run this setup.

I am doing cylinder heads and port work mainly on the side as of now (about 15-20 sets a year) but hope to go further with it in the future.

Anyway, this system seems like it could be good for someone like myself that does a low volume and time is not really that big of a factor. I like the idea of being able to cut multiple, accurate angles in my seats, I just can't afford a high-fi machine.

Just wondering if anyone hear could give me some advice for my situation.

Thanks,
WRS
speedtalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Post by speedtalk »

Looks good to me. Order it with the straight pilots though - way more accurate than tapered.
In Memory of Don Terrill
SpeedTalk Owner/Admin