Do all these eBay Rockers Suck

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Bigchief632
Pro
Pro

Re: Do all these eBay Rockers Suck

Post by Bigchief632 »

rebelyell wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:37 pm rarely should one rely upon that which he gains for relatively nuttin'
The great Chinese philosopher Confucius once said: "He who talks the loudest, is rarely who you want to listen to"
Maximum power using simple logic and common sense
rebelyell
Expert
Expert

Post by rebelyell »

Keith Morganstein wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:31 am

The great circus showmen and promoters (P.T. Barnum, Ringling, etc...) leaned that people love hyperbole. This is something not lost on Skip White.

Save up a little more for the Scorpion rockers...
amen bro!
1980RS
Guru
Guru

Post by 1980RS »

mt-engines wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:34 pm
1980RS wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:13 pm I know my Comp Pro Magnum roller rockers will not clear a 1.55 spring. Wonder who was smoking pot when they designed those. :lol:
You should make a YouTube and complain about it.....
Waste of time, Comp doesn't care at all about their stuff anymore.
mt-engines
Expert
Expert

Post by mt-engines »

1980RS wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:10 pm
1980RS wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:13 pm I know my Comp Pro Magnum roller rockers will not clear a 1.55 spring. Wonder who was smoking pot when they designed those. :lol:
Exactly.. and I was joking.
1980RS
Guru
Guru

Post by 1980RS »

mt-engines wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:38 pm
1980RS wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:10 pm

Exactly.. and I was joking.
I knew that :mrgreen:
novadude
Guru
Guru

Post by novadude »

rfoll wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:19 am I only have 10,000 miles on them since I built the motor. The cam is only 198/208 @ .050 so I used 1.6 rockers to get lift into the mid .4" range. I had to ding the stock centerbolt valve covers to clear the trunion when installing them. I left the stock vortec springs on hoping they would be adequate for the small cam. It pulls hard to 5000 and the runs out of breath due to small cam and single 2.5" exhaust. I do the "pulls hard to 5000" as often as possible. I pulled the valve covers looking for a leak, and all was fine. The rockers are quieter than stock rockers, actually the quietest I have ever used, no noise under the hood louder than the belts.
Are these the roller tip, ball fulcrum rockers, or full roller?
rfoll
Guru
Guru

Post by rfoll »

They are stainless full roller rockers with 50k on them now. Be advised that you can have pushrod hole clearance problems with a 1.6 ratio rocker on the Vortec heads. I was chasing valve train noises and discovered half of my pushrods rubbing excessively. I had to spend some quality time with a greased up rotary file to remove the offending metal on the head. All good ever since, My last fill up got 19+ mpg. This is a stock Vortec engine with a Performer rpm, the 79 QJ that came on the car, and headers.
So much to do, so little time...
Dave Koehler
Vendor

Post by Dave Koehler »

Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Enderle Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."
In-Tech
Vendor

Post by In-Tech »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Heat is energy, energy is horsepower...but you gotta control the heat.
-Carl
thecarfarmer

Post by thecarfarmer »

mt-engines wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:41 pm
thecarfarmer wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:53 pm You might want to watch this video on scorpion rockers.

They look like really pretty good pieces, however there are a couple of issues to take into account that would be good to know before dropping money...

https://youtu.be/s4-buG1qaac
LMFAO...

He just posts stuff time and time again, proving he doesn't have hardly any experience building engines.. Just wow.. and all the nut swingers will rattle his name off to the first person asking about heads without having any personal experience with his stuff.

Even Jesel and TD rockers sometimes need a bit of work .

These are a universal rocker arm.. they work well. And are half the price.
"Nut swinger"

Uh, okay.

Funny thing, I list a video showing some of the 'tune ups' that these pieces may need to get dialed in; and I'm an A-hole.

Maybe when I have some first-hand experience, I can graduate to internet name calling
rebelyell
Expert
Expert

Post by rebelyell »

LOL --- "I can make better parts out of turds"
af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 »

thecarfarmer wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:00 pm
thecarfarmer wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:53 pm You might want to watch this video on scorpion rockers.

They look like really pretty good pieces, however there are a couple of issues to take into account that would be good to know before dropping money...

LMFAO...

He just posts stuff time and time again, proving he doesn't have hardly any experience building engines.. Just wow.. and all the nut swingers will rattle his name off to the first person asking about heads without having any personal experience with his stuff.

"Nut swinger"

Uh, okay.

Funny thing, I list a video showing some of the 'tune ups' that these pieces may need to get dialed in; and I'm an A-hole.

Maybe when I have some first-hand experience, I can graduate to internet name calling
I think you might have taken it the wrong way. As far as me having 2 failures with the E-Bay shaft rockers and cleaning the needles out of my engine that saw close to 900 lbs open I went with the Yella Terra and never looked back on the standard valve layout with .150 offset.
Now I am in a different deal with my offsets on that have .650" on the new one using T/D . The Yella's were $700 and you know what T/D costs. All to keep your shit from failing
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GURU is only a name.
Adam
smokie

Post by smokie »

David Vizard says he has good luck with prw rockers.
mt-engines
Expert
Expert

Post by mt-engines »

thecarfarmer wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:00 pm

LMFAO...

"Nut swinger"

Uh, okay.

I wasn't calling out you the person that posted the video..

Its just overwhelming to me when some guys that came about on the internet promoting their work as if they are the end all be all of cylinder head guys.... posting videos about how their rocker arms don't work out of the box not as they are intended..

These guys whine about shit that is basic to even the most novice of engine builders... why? Because they aren't who they claim to be..

So in a nutshell.. unless you are Eric Whiner.. why would you be upset with my response? I was just stating what anyone that does this daily thinks.. why is this dude complaining about since he saved 1k bucks on a set of universal rocker arms that got them in days and not months.
thecarfarmer

Post by thecarfarmer »

My bad, thought you were ragging on me for posting the video.

I didn't think he was being any too harsh on Scorpion, but would have to rewatch the video. My impression was that he was just showing that the stuff ain't necessarily plug and play

But, once you leave the realm of assembly line factory parts, what is, right?