Do all these eBay Rockers Suck

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

IDEALER
Do all these eBay Rockers Suck

Post by IDEALER »

I am on a major budget and need some rockers for some 23* heads I am planning on some scorpions but am curious if anyone has had any luck with any off brand rockers.
chrisw1173
Re: Do all these eBay Rockers Suck

Post by chrisw1173 »

I had a set of the scorpions and had good luck out of the but I didn't buy them off of ebay either .. to many fakes on there !! you can get them at summit for the same prices and know what your getting .The scorpions are made in the good ol USA to.
chrisw1173

Post by chrisw1173 »

and those were on a solid roller with about 630 lift with about 560 lb of spring pressure
af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 »

IDEALER wrote:I am on a major budget and need some rockers for some 23* heads I am planning on some scorpions but am curious if anyone has had any luck with any off brand rockers.
If you could put the auction# that will help.

No way ever will I run any off brand rockers again.
GURU is only a name.
Adam
chrisw1173

Post by chrisw1173 »

there is a lot of the pro comp junk on there I do mean junk so be careful
IDEALER

Post by IDEALER »

I was going to buy them from summit, but if I could find some shaft rockers at a good price that would be great. I run Jesel's and T & D's on the other motors but thats not in the cards on this build. I just see so many on eBay just thought I'd see if anyone had good luck with any of them.

I know to stay away from procomp but saw some other stainless ones and other brands I knew nothing of...

These are the ones that caught my eye the guy has a ton of feedback and sounds convincing
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SBC-CHEV ... 039wt_1167
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SBC-CHEV ... 607wt_1167

Like I said for the money I felt comfortable paying a couple hundred bucks for the scorpions (V6 Build) I was looking at the endurance series. But was just curious if anyone had any luck from all the different ones I saw...
af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 »

IDEALER wrote:I was going to buy them from summit, but if I could find some shaft rockers at a good price that would be great. I run Jesel's and T & D's on the other motors but thats not in the cards on this build. I just see so many on eBay just thought I'd see if anyone had good luck with any of them.

I know to stay away from procomp but saw some other stainless ones and other brands I knew nothing of...
Go with YellaTerra
I am very happy with them after the Procomp disaster!!!!

I got mine from Mike(Wolfplace)
GURU is only a name.
Adam
af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 »

Wysco is the junk I just got rid of on my son's build!
5 year warranty don't mean crap when the Ferrea valves got tipped!!!
GURU is only a name.
Adam
chrisw1173

Post by chrisw1173 »

I looked at the eaby adds you posted and those are procomps . That seller which I wont say his name but he sells alot of the procomp stuff.
IDEALER

Post by IDEALER »

Yea after looking at all their feedback I saw they sell a bunch of Chinese parts was hoping someone had some parts that worked... I know what I get when I order the scorpions and can always call them if I have problems.... The Yella Terra stuff I saw didn't look bad but I didn't know much about them or where to get them.
chrisw1173

Post by chrisw1173 »

I haven't used them but have herd good things about yella terra. Good luck with your build
zeronine

Post by zeronine »

IDEALER wrote:Yea after looking at all their feedback I saw they sell a bunch of Chinese parts was hoping someone had some parts that worked... I know what I get when I order the scorpions and can always call them if I have problems.... The Yella Terra stuff I saw didn't look bad but I didn't know much about them or where to get them.
The Yella Terra brand has been around (successfully) for way over 20 years. It is Australian made, and in Australia is regarded very, very highly. They are not new to the US market, and they would compare to Crane, Comp, Lunati, etc.
robert1
Guru
Guru

Post by robert1 »

Here's a pic of the adjusters from some of the Ebay stainless rockers. I used them on a budget build like you're refering to. I would buy some used name brand before buying new cheap ones. These had very little time on them.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shopboss
Guru
Guru

Post by Shopboss »

We've had good results with the PRW brand.

Donny
Keith Morganstein
Guru
Guru

Post by Keith Morganstein »

IDEALER wrote: These are the ones that caught my eye the guy has a ton of feedback and sounds convincing
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SBC-CHEV ... 039wt_1167
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SBC-CHEV ... 607wt_1167

Like I said for the money I felt comfortable paying a couple hundred bucks for the scorpions (V6 Build) I was looking at the endurance series. But was just curious if anyone had any luck from all the different ones I saw...

The great circus showmen and promoters (P.T. Barnum, Ringling, etc...) leaned that people love hyperbole. This is something not lost on Skip White.

Save up a little more for the Scorpion rockers...
Automotive Machining, cylinder head rebuilding, engine building. Can't seem to quit #-o