Octane Rating of Hemp Oil

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

MorterPorter
Re: Octane Rating of Hemp Oil

Post by MorterPorter »

I see, The Octane of Ethanol and methanol seems low, I am running this in my junior dragbike project.

@Dodge freak

LOL, Toronto is a 6 1/2 hour drive from Amherstburg, and hemp oil as it turns out does have an energy that could be used as a combustible fuel... I will be ordering some this week.
V8 POWER!

"Only Soft drinks and Milk Come in 2 Litres"
Morpheus

Post by Morpheus »

Are you sure that you'll actually be "riding" this vehicle, or will we find you inside the garage, doors closed, with engine running, and your noggin' stuffed up the exhaust? :lol:
MorterPorter

Post by MorterPorter »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NICE ONE

Chris
V8 POWER!

"Only Soft drinks and Milk Come in 2 Litres"
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

MorterPorter wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:39 pm Yes, i will say that is one of the most ****** up laws in the system, they ban HEMP because of its "THC" content, yeah... right. [-X To even get anywhere near high you would have to smoke 5 acres of the stuff before you get anywhere near a buzz. HEMP and MARIJUANA are two different things... why can't the government just agree with the people #-o

Would make a conversation piece though, the stuff is avail on ebay for decent rates, but then again whats the point when i could just use veggy oil...

Thanks,

Chris
Because there is too much money in not agreeing with us masses is why!

Look at the money spent each year policing it alone!

We use hemp for fiber for rope and there is NO money in policing rope, now is there.

But still its a good use for it. Now, what kind of a yield per acre would a field of high quality hybred hemp make? Say, in gallons per acre here?

Now to change subjects but not really. It was highly looked into during WWI about using Goldenrod weed sap to make rubber for tires and tubes. The sap contains a high volume of latex as does even Dandelion weeds if not mistaken so don't stop thinking out of the box.

I figure that if you cut a weed down and it's oozing a sticky thick white sap that the sap contains latex..

ppdq67
Schurkey
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Schurkey »

Hemp was illegal 'cause it looks like marijuana.

Growing "hemp" would be cover for growing pot in plain sight. Oh, yeah...that's a whole crop of rope...nuthin' illegal 'bout that...

Just don't send the harvest of hemp to the Pot Shop, while you send the pot to the rope-maker. No one will be happy.
FuelieNova
HotPass
HotPass

Post by FuelieNova »

I’m just curious if OP ever did this experiment??
Tom
Krooser
Guru
Guru

Post by Krooser »

Farmers in Wisconsin are growing thousands of acres of hemp today...for fiber, oil and CBD products.

That CBD can do about anything except drive your car and mow your lawn...at least that what the commercials say. I know a few folks who have tried the cbd oil for pain relief... everyone sez it works but just not on my pain!
Honored to be a member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame Class of 2019