World block lifter issues

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

CREngines
Guru
Guru

Re: World block lifter issues

Post by CREngines »

Its a shame that this has turned into a food fight so fast. Nobody ever asked what kind of fixture the guy used. A fixture? Unless the block was put on a mill cnc or conventional and it was properly trammed in and the locations were laid out I don't see how he can say they are off. If it was a bhj fixture then who says the fixture was put on properly. Somebody enlighten me here if I'm missing something. Anybody who has put lifter bushings in a stock mopar block will tell you the damn things are all over the place. Bbc was almost as bad. Dart has had their fair share of problems. Shp lifter bores? Platinum valve guides? He only has three posts so who knows who he is other then a mudslinger. Why don't you guys have an intelligent conversation about the problem and ask the op for any evidence of his claims?
af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 »

CREngines wrote:Its a shame that this has turned into a food fight so fast. Nobody ever asked what kind of fixture the guy used. A fixture? Unless the block was put on a mill cnc or conventional and it was properly trammed in and the locations were laid out I don't see how he can say they are off. If it was a bhj fixture then who says the fixture was put on properly. Somebody enlighten me here if I'm missing something. Anybody who has put lifter bushings in a stock mopar block will tell you the damn things are all over the place. Bbc was almost as bad. Dart has had their fair share of problems. Shp lifter bores? Platinum valve guides? He only has three posts so who knows who he is other then a mudslinger. Why don't you guys have an intelligent conversation about the problem and ask the op for any evidence of his claims?
CR, It was the diss on Mike and that is all. The guy knows his shyt period.
GURU is only a name.
Adam
18gullwingdragboat

Post by 18gullwingdragboat »

One reason I liked this forum was because of the grown-up attitudes and willingness to share and not get into pissing contests.

Please. Kill this thread and settle your differences somewhere else.

Pardon me. Kill the attitude within the thread so that the experiences of others can be shared without someone feeling like they got bent over a barrel.

-> insert cute smiley here -> #-o
Last edited by 18gullwingdragboat on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 »

18gullwingdragboat wrote:One reason I liked this forum was because of the grown-up attitudes and willingness to share and not get into pissing contests.

Kill the thread? Typical. :roll:
GURU is only a name.
Adam
john@bmp
Expert
Expert

Post by john@bmp »

CREngines wrote:Its a shame that this has turned into a food fight so fast. Nobody ever asked what kind of fixture the guy used. A fixture? Unless the block was put on a mill cnc or conventional and it was properly trammed in and the locations were laid out I don't see how he can say they are off. If it was a bhj fixture then who says the fixture was put on properly. Somebody enlighten me here if I'm missing something. Anybody who has put lifter bushings in a stock mopar block will tell you the damn things are all over the place. Bbc was almost as bad. Dart has had their fair share of problems. Shp lifter bores? Platinum valve guides? He only has three posts so who knows who he is other then a mudslinger. Why don't you guys have an intelligent conversation about the problem and ask the op for any evidence of his claims?
Bing-go! Don't go inserting common sense in a good old fashioned bash fest.

How dare you introduce Dart problems, you won't get any comments on that, just that yeah but World sucks more. If Dart made a pink block we'd have CNC telling us how only good blocks are pink. It's stupid. I'm asking for the benefit of the doubt before jumping all over us and dragging out crap that is 4-5 years old and then making snarky comments about it. I don't care who it is, it's wrong.

We don't need evidence, we suck, get the memo. We've had enough problems in the past I don't need people talking shit about years old stuff that is rare.

People will take any opportunity to sling mud, and Mike's comments of a problem that is as old as it is, and his problems being years old and limited, there was no reason for the cheap shot.

No one is going to ask if there was a problem with the machinist or his equipment if it's dart. Mike and CNC would be the first one here defending them and making the points this poster made.
john@bmp
Expert
Expert

Post by john@bmp »

af2 wrote: CR, It was the diss on Mike and that is all. The guy knows his shyt period.
AP, I respect you guy, but you have to see these baseless attacks for what they are. They are totally uncalled for and more so, old, out of date, and untrue. I'm just sick of it. Especially from people in the industry who know the bullshit that goes on with other products and never mention it. They single us out.

I don't care if he knows his shit or not, I'm not taking this bullshit laying down. End of story.

Does the diss that Mike made count? Just wondering. Your comments are probably better headed by him. Look where the uncalled for comments started.
Last edited by john@bmp on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
john@bmp
Expert
Expert

Post by john@bmp »

18gullwingdragboat wrote:One reason I liked this forum was because of the grown-up attitudes and willingness to share and not get into pissing contests.

Pardon me. Kill the attitude within the thread so that the experiences of others can be shared without someone feeling like they got bent over a barrel.

-> insert cute smiley here -> #-o
I agree. Mike and CNC should stop the snarky comments and act like grown ups and we wouldn't have this problem.
Wolfplace
Guru
Guru

Post by Wolfplace »

Thank you Adam
It seems that answering a question with an honest qualified statement is unacceptable.
I answered a simple question & John@ BMP aka JSUP has to take it to another level as he is prone to do & has done so many times in the past.
It is also why he has been banned from multiple forums under the JSUP logo

He can't even quote a complete sentence, takes the part that suits his agenda & leaves the rest out
I specifically stated to the original question
If you are correct it appears things have not changed as much as we have been led to believe lately
The part in bold which implies exactly what it says & nothing else didn't fit the agenda so it is left out,,,,,
---
To Don, the original poster that asked what appeared to be a very simple straightforward question on a supposed tech forum.
To try & answer your question again
Yes I have seen this before & regardless of the time frame this as an answer should speak for itself but apparently not

And I do apologize to you & the other forum members for even responding to John@ BMP aka JSUP I guess I should have known better,,,
Mike
Lewis Racing Engines
4axis CNC block machining

A few of the cars I have driven & owned
A tour of my shop
The Dyno
And a few pics of the gang

"Life is tough. Life is even tougher if you're stupid"
John Wayne
john@bmp
Expert
Expert

Post by john@bmp »

Wolfplace wrote:Thank you Adam
It seems that answering a question with an honest qualified statement is unacceptable.
I answered a simple question & John@ BMP aka JSUP has to take it to another level as he is prone to do & has done so many times in the past.
It is also why he has been banned from multiple forums under the JSUP logo

He can't even quote a complete sentence, takes the part that suits his agenda & leaves the rest out
I specifically stated to the original question
If you are correct it appears things have not changed as much as we have been led to believe lately
The part in bold which implies exactly what it says & nothing else didn't fit the agenda so it is left out,,,,,
---
To Don, the original poster that asked what appeared to be a very simple straightforward question on a supposed tech forum.
To try & answer your question again
Yes I have seen this before & regardless of the time frame this as an answer should speak for itself but apparently not

And I do apologize to you & the other forum members for even responding to John@ BMP aka JSUP I guess I should have known better,,,
The whole comment was snarky, out of line, and mis leading mike, don't try to weasel out now. Own it. You said it, own it. That's the difference between me and you. When I say something I own it. YOU are trying to weasel out. Enough with the personal attacks on me.

JSUP is god. :D He was right, I was right, and I am still right.

I have been banned becase forum sponsors couldn't stand the heat so they asked me to get banned. They were used to people covering up for their marketing lies and distortions, guys like you mike who know the truth but never speak it. Just sayin.

I'd like to try to get some integrity and truth in these discussions, apparently you have no use for that.

No apology for the snide comment though. Figures. Just tell the truth, no matter what problems come up with some manufactures you will never mention it.
Last edited by john@bmp on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
CNC BLOCKS
Guru
Guru

Post by CNC BLOCKS »

I seen no issues with the SHP lifter bores and Ihave sold over 125 plus of them what is the issues with the lifter bores???
Website is up and running
http://hinksonautomotive-cncblocks.com/
Machine shop tour
http://hinksonautomotive-cncblocks.com/shop-tour/
Monthly Specials
http://hinksonautomotive-cncblocks.com/specials/
55MM babbit cam bearings with 1 hole
john@bmp
Expert
Expert

Post by john@bmp »

CNC BLOCKS wrote:
I seen no issues with the SHP lifter bores and Ihave sold over 125 plus of them what is the issues with the lifter bores???
Told ya. The guy does 125 blocks and he's an expert. You will never get this guy to admit there could possibly be a problem with a dart product.

Try doing 10s of 1000s. The reason is they are sent small and the entire thing has to be machined for each build.

So basically, there has never been a problem with a dart block in your mind, and we suck. Regardless of how many good parts we put out there.

Got it.
af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 »

Oh wow. I wish I never had covered your a$$ in the Head drama. You John are completely ignorant or have your head so far up your a$$ that you can't think straight. I pity the next buyer. Sucks because it was me that was going there. You pissed on the guy that is going to machine my next block. How do you do that? Time to chill :!:
GURU is only a name.
Adam
john@bmp
Expert
Expert

Post by john@bmp »

af2 wrote:Oh wow. I wish I never had covered your a$$ in the Head drama. You John are completely ignorant or have your head so far up your a$$ that you can't think straight. I pity the next buyer. Sucks because it was me that was going there. You pissed on the guy that is going to machine my next block. How do you do that? Time to chill :!:
I don't know what to tell you Adam. I've just had enough of it. We're not given any consideration that is given to other manufacturers. Go read what CRE said. Look at what CNC followed up.

Some people can do no wrong, and some can do nothing but wrong.

It's the old joke:
When a man in Macon, Georgia came upon a wild dog attacking a young boy, he quickly grabbed the animal and throttled it with his two hands.

A reporter saw the incident, congratulated the man and told him the headline the following day would read, "Local Man Saves Child by Killing Vicious Animal."

The hero, however, told the journalist that he wasn't from Macon.

"Well, then," the reporter said, "the headline will probably say, "Georgia Man Saves Child by Killing Dog."

"Actually," the man said, "I'm from Connecticut."

"In that case," the reporter said in a huff, "the headline will read, "Yankee Kills Family Pet."

I'm tired of being the yankee to kick. The comments that kicked me off were unwarranted, unprofessional, petty, and snide. Sorry if you feel differently.

I apologize to everyone who had to read through this. Like I said, I'm just sick of it. I'm not really a raving lunatic, but I can only hear this garbage so many times before I unload. I don't think I'm all that different than anyone else. I'm actually not that hard to get along with. I'm willing to take the slings and arrows for those things we screwed up past and present, and there is some, but I don't need these childish jabs and untrue representations to color it worse than it is.

You tell me Adam, how many times do I have to listen to this crap every time our name comes up before I set the record straight as I see it. Like I said, I've read your posts on a number of forums and respect you and what you say, sorry I came across the wrong way, but everyone has a limit.
af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 »

john@bmp wrote:
af2 wrote:Oh wow. I wish I never had covered your a$$ in the Head drama. You John are completely ignorant or have your head so far up your a$$ that you can't think straight. I pity the next buyer. Sucks because it was me that was going there. You pissed on the guy that is going to machine my next block. How do you do that? Time to chill :!:
I don't know what to tell you Adam. I've just had enough of it. We're not given any consideration that is given to other manufacturers.
I will say one thing : Please read : There are points on the World block that are in my opinion way better than the Dart!
You probably should dwell on the good points and quit with the dis on the guys machining them for a living. I don't care if you have 100,000,000 blocks out there. I can guarantee they are not the same. Carl at 125 or Mike at 50 have seen problems. If you are that arrogant to say there is non I give.
GURU is only a name.
Adam
af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 »

John, I am only on 3 forums. 1 is local and the other is a BS session. I don't know enough BS to go on the others. :mrgreen:

And ST!!!!! =D>
GURU is only a name.
Adam