Oval roller lifters?

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

RedRacer

Oval roller lifters?

Post by RedRacer »

The Subject line probably raised some eyebrows, but I had a chat with a fellow who races in the IMCA modified class, and he said they banned roller cams for 2004. He then pointed to a car and said that car had OVAL roller lifters (the lifter body is oval to stop any kind of twisting in the lifter bore), and all the tech people look for is the tie bar on the lifters (signifying a roller lifter I guess). I have heard of the KEYWAY style roller (or radius nose in schubeks case) lifter, but never an oval. Up until this point, I actually figured this guy was pretty sharp... but this has to be BS... no?
shawn
Expert
Expert

Post by shawn »

maybe he was talking about the Schubeck lifters? the ones that have a radius, but no roller bearing on the nose.
Shawn

Post by Guest »

So thats why have have had a rash of cams for IMCAs for the Super Nationals. Hmmm. Guess it will be a good cam year next year.

Chris
Grocerius Maximus
Pro
Pro
Post by Grocerius Maximus »

All that work and money so the promoter can claim the top 10 nationals finishers engines for $525.00 and auction them off.
Grocerius Maximus
Pro
Pro
Post by Grocerius Maximus »

Funny part is the Boone Nationals is The Big Show, on a sticky track, so the extra power comes in handy. All the teams KNOW the top ten are going to get claimed and auctioned, but they don't care it's the Boone Nats!. Everybody has a 'Boone motor' they save for the end of the year.