Ever had Z spar A-788 give you trouble?

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

cmre
Re: Ever had Z spar A-788 give you trouble?

Post by cmre »

We also weld the port at the entrance when filling the floor. This helps keep the fuel from geting under filler and lifting, and the weld on the port side gives the filler something to hold to when filling the floor. Hope this helps, Coy Miller.
Strange Magic
Guru
Guru

Post by Strange Magic »

Do not mix water into it. Take a warm to room temp cup of water to dab your finger tips into when working with it. Are you building an area up? Mild, moderately, excessively? Are you filling a hole? Explain.
strangemagicperformance.com
Strange Magic Camshaft Technologies
Decisions on parts and advise should not be based on how much money a company can pour into marketing. This is a common mis-conception in the industry.
CFM-Z440
HotPass
HotPass

Post by CFM-Z440 »

Strange Magic wrote:Do not mix water into it. Take a warm to room temp cup of water to dab your finger tips into when working with it. Are you building an area up? Mild, moderately, excessively? Are you filling a hole? Explain.

I'm using it to re-shape the floor on aluminum single cylinder motocross type engines. It covers 99% of the floor, and probably gets as much as 1/2" thick in some heads.
Strange Magic
Guru
Guru

Post by Strange Magic »

As in an application such as this? If so, just do as mentioned, but don't mix water into it.

strangemagicperformance.com
Strange Magic Camshaft Technologies
Decisions on parts and advise should not be based on how much money a company can pour into marketing. This is a common mis-conception in the industry.
autogear
Vendor

Post by autogear »

Greens Nice wrote:Has anyone tried the red paint used to insulate armature's in alternator's?
it seems to work fine painted on the inside of an engine that see's methanol in the sump, but will it work on an intake port?
Glyptal. New Process Gear used to coat their iron transfercase halves with it. It also was NASA spec at one time.
CFM-Z440
HotPass
HotPass

Post by CFM-Z440 »

Strange Magic wrote:As in an application such as this? If so, just do as mentioned, but don't mix water into it.

Yep, that's one of my early ones. I badly need to update my website.