ProKing cylinder head, Don Losito and Carl Foltz

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Harbinger

ProKing cylinder head, Don Losito and Carl Foltz

Post by Harbinger »

Very interesting article that showed up in "Engine Builder" magazine some time ago. Thought it might spawn some conversation.

BTW, this is my first post on this message board, so a big Hello to all you guys from me! :)

http://www.engine-builder.com/

When you get there you'll have to go to "Search Back Issues", then search for "Losito" and you'll find the article.

Regards,
Chuck
speedtalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Post by speedtalk »

Hey Chuck, thanks for joining the forum. Is this it?
http://www.babcox.com/editorial/ar/eb20340.htm
In Memory of Don Terrill
SpeedTalk Owner/Admin
Harbinger

Post by Harbinger »

Very good Don and a big thanks for the welcome!

Yes, that's it. :)

In my opinion, it's very informative and when I found this forum I figured, "Hey, now there's an audience that'd really get something out of an article like this." Not to mention, I'd get a lot from their input.

Regards,
Chuck
Harbinger

Post by Harbinger »

:lol:

Well I thought it'd spawn a little discussion but that's ok too. Been wrong before. :)

Regards,
Chuck
shawn
Expert
Expert

Post by shawn »

That's a really neat head. I know of a guy running one set in the fun ford weekend stuff. I know the heads in the article that Losito did have never made it to a motor. He told McClaren that the head needed more metal in certain areas and they said he was trying to doing something with them that was never inteneded. As far as ones done by CFE or ET heads (which i believe also has done them) i haven't heard of any results. These heads are whoppers, though.Very similar to the 12* Pro topline head.
Shawn
Darin Morgan

You want results?

Post by Darin Morgan »

shawn wrote:That's a really neat head. I know of a guy running one set in the fun ford weekend stuff. I know the heads in the article that Losito did have never made it to a motor. He told McClaren that the head needed more metal in certain areas and they said he was trying to doing something with them that was never inteneded. As far as ones done by CFE or ET heads (which i believe also has done them) i haven't heard of any results. These heads are whoppers, though.Very similar to the 12* Pro topline head.
Shawn
If you want results try this. STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM THOSE AS YOU CAN! Those things are total junk. They are to thin, WAY to high and will not make an ounce of power. Thats probably why the stopped making them.
shawn
Expert
Expert

Post by shawn »

always nice to get input from someone "in the know"! With reference to your comment that they are "way to high", are you refering to the angle of decent from the port entry to the valve?I was always under the impression that this is what you were trying to achieve? Getting that "line of site" as vertical as possible.
thanks again for your input,
shawn
Harbinger

Post by Harbinger »

Tell us how you really feel Darin! I think you're holding a little back. :lol:

I sure appreciate the advice. Just found the article interesting in some quasi-academic way. :wink:

Regards,
Chuck