Braswell

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

saleen385
Braswell

Post by saleen385 »

What do you guys think of the Braswell B7395 carb compared to Holley's Ultra Dominator?

Thanks,

Jim
Alaskaracer
Expert
Expert

Re: Braswell

Post by Alaskaracer »

It isn't a comparison. If money allows, go with the Braswell............
Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream rear engine dragster
Speed kills but it's better than going slow!
http://www.livinthedreamracing.com
Authorized Amsoil Retailer
jmarkaudio
Vendor

Post by jmarkaudio »

How big are you looking for? What are you looking to put it on?
Mark Whitener
www.racingfuelsystems.com
____

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.
saleen385

Post by saleen385 »

jmarkaudio wrote:How big are you looking for? What are you looking to put it on?
Offshore boat 510ci class rule states,
"Any Holley Dominator style carburetor
is allowed."

Jim
Doug Schriefer
Expert
Expert

Post by Doug Schriefer »

saleen385 wrote:What do you guys think of the Braswell B7395 carb compared to Holley's Ultra Dominator?

Thanks,

Jim

Not really much of a comparison but I might be biased :lol:

In all seriousness from a fuel control standpoint we're going to have a better piece. Plus we custom build specific to each application rather than a mass produced component. If you'd like to give me a call we'd be glad to go over your combination and see what we can offer you.
Doug Schriefer
ZEOHSIX
Pro
Pro

Post by ZEOHSIX »

While Dave and the gang in AZ are far more talented than I will ever be, if your serious about winning I would also look at the offerings from BRE:

Link: http://www.bookracing.com/carburetors/carburetors.html
rickseeman

Post by rickseeman »

I'm sure your boat will run fine with a Holley but if you look at IHRA Pro Stockers, where money is no object, a lot of them have Braswell. That tells me something. By the way the carb you are talking about I believe is $2,995.
saleen385

Post by saleen385 »

Talked with Doug at Braswell, he doesn't think they have anything that will work with my combination.

So what would you guys recommend?
510ci offshore power boat
9.5-1, Brodix cnc BB-2 heads

I was thinking Holley Gen 3 Ultra #0-80902RD
Thanks,
Jim
DaveMcLain
Guru
Guru

Post by DaveMcLain »

Braswell has some really great stuff, I can't believe they don't have anything to meet your needs but if that's the case try giving a call to Bob at Competition Carburetion 775 331 5609 he should have a package for what you're doing. A few years ago I had him build a custom 3 circuit with power valve Dominator for a customer running a 582 inch Chevy in a jet boat. It has such good driveability that people can't believe it's a Dominator.
lorax
Guru
Guru

Post by lorax »

DaveMcLain wrote:Braswell has some really great stuff, I can't believe they don't have anything to meet your needs but if that's the case try giving a call to Bob at Competition Carburetion 775 331 5609 he should have a package for what you're doing. A few years ago I had him build a custom 3 circuit with power valve Dominator for a customer running a 582 inch Chevy in a jet boat. It has such good driveability that people can't believe it's a Dominator.
Could be wrong, but I wouldm't be surprised its a rule problem with the bore spread or some other rule issue.
saleen385

Post by saleen385 »

DaveMcLain wrote:Braswell has some really great stuff, I can't believe they don't have anything to meet your needs but if that's the case try giving a call to Bob at Competition Carburetion 775 331 5609 he should have a package for what you're doing. A few years ago I had him build a custom 3 circuit with power valve Dominator for a customer running a 582 inch Chevy in a jet boat. It has such good driveability that people can't believe it's a Dominator.
I guess I should rephrase, I was asking about the B7395 and he didn't think he had anything that would work. I'm sure they could take a Holley and make it work.

Jim
JoePorting
Guru
Guru

Post by JoePorting »

I'd just save my money and buy the Holley. The difference between a good carb and great carb is only 2 or 3 hp.
Joe Facciano
jmarkaudio
Vendor

Post by jmarkaudio »

At your compression I would not want to go too big, unless you are spinning it above 7500 I would look at a QFX 4700 2 circuit 1050. If you want to spend a little extra for a custom carb call BLP.
Mark Whitener
www.racingfuelsystems.com
____

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.
saleen385

Post by saleen385 »

jmarkaudio wrote:At your compression I would not want to go too big, unless you are spinning it above 7500 I would look at a QFX 4700 2 circuit 1050. If you want to spend a little extra for a custom carb call BLP.
Mark,
The RPM limit is 7000 by rule & I want to have them prop it at 6500 so I think a 1050 should be plenty.

Jim
srq

Post by srq »

X2 giving BLP a call
That's all I do is offshore and fuel control is the least of my problems.
You must be facing that new OSO class rules. Ought to be interesting.
Goodluck
SRQ