Erson Cams Quality Discussion

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

DaveMcLain
Guru
Guru
Re: Erson Cams Quality Discussion

Post by DaveMcLain »

That sounds like a good idea Russ but what specs are you going to use since they seem like they are subject to change without notice. On the E110018 cam I had ordered one and it didn't check out quite right but I took advantage of the error for my build. About a year later when I ordered the same cam thinking it would be the same I found it to be totally different.
ErsonCamShop
Vendor

Post by ErsonCamShop »

Our marketing team is working with the company grinding these to finalize the specs for each part, so I can't say quite yet but it should be specified accurately in the 2016 Catalog. As for the change without notice, in the future it should be what the new catalog says, but I can't put my personal guarantee on that because it's in the hands of the marketing department and the company grinding that line. I'm sorry for the trouble and I appreciate you bringing it to my attention. I'll PM you the contact info for the marketing department in case you'd like to voice your concerns to them directly. If there's anything else I can do, let me know. Always love to get feedback.
Thanks
Russ
Russ Yoder
Erson Cams
Louisville, KY
ersoncamsshop@gmail.com
www.pbm-erson.com
800-641-7920
ext 8003 (John)
ext 1041 (Ryan)
DaveMcLain
Guru
Guru

Post by DaveMcLain »

I appreciate your efforts Russ and I'd say that any time you're dealing with an outside supplier quality control is more difficult.
Krooser
Guru
Guru

Post by Krooser »

It's sure nice to be able to talk with the folks who actually design, grind and sell their stuff. Great job on helping a customer Russ... :D
Honored to be a member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame Class of 2019
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

Krooser wrote:It's sure nice to be able to talk with the folks who actually design, grind and sell their stuff.
That's the problem, they didn't design or grind the cams in question. They just reboxed them.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449
Krooser
Guru
Guru

Post by Krooser »

CamKing wrote:
Krooser wrote:It's sure nice to be able to talk with the folks who actually design, grind and sell their stuff.
That's the problem, they didn't design or grind the cams in question. They just reboxed them.
I was just speaking in general terms about this whole board but I guess I really didn't word it that well... :oops:
Honored to be a member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame Class of 2019
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

Krooser wrote:
CamKing wrote:
I was just speaking in general terms about this whole board but I guess I really didn't word it that well... :oops:
My mistake.
I'm sure glad I don't have to ask my marketing department, what the specs of my cams are.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449
ErsonCamShop
Vendor

Post by ErsonCamShop »

CamKing wrote: My mistake.
I'm sure glad I don't have to ask my marketing department, what the specs of my cams are.
The cams in question are an economy line that were previously private labelled as PBM. As Erson has grown in the last couple years, our parent company, Engine Parts Warehouse, switched the private label from PBM to Erson. These are an economy line of camshafts that we could not produce for the price at which they’re sold because these are CNC mass produced cams. The company producing them has had some spec changes. Our marketing department is updating these specs in the new catalog. These spec changes happened after our last catalog was produced and we haven’t been able to update them until now. I’m very sorry for any inconveniences or problems this is causing you.
We are currently in-house grinding around 550 cams a month, and we include a CamPro Plus sheet with each in-house ground cam. As always, if anyone has any issues, questions or concerns on how we can make a better product, please let me know. We’re always striving to bring the highest quality cams ground in-house to the customer. We are addressing these spec issues with our economy line products which are being CNC produced.
Thanks
Russ
Russ Yoder
Erson Cams
Louisville, KY
ersoncamsshop@gmail.com
www.pbm-erson.com
800-641-7920
ext 8003 (John)
ext 1041 (Ryan)
BMRE

Post by BMRE »

you shouldn't have got rid of Steve Tanzi, He practically started that company.
racear2865
Guru
Guru

Post by racear2865 »

BMRE wrote:you shouldn't have got rid of Steve Tanzi, He practically started that company.
I guess Im lost here--you will have to enlighten please. If Steve Tanzi (never met him and dont know him) "practically " started that company, how did EPW/Erson end up with it and it was moved to Louisville from Nevada. I ran several Sig Erson cams in early days and still do. Not being smart. Just an inquiring mind
reed
ErsonCamShop
Vendor

Post by ErsonCamShop »

racear2865 wrote:
BMRE wrote:you shouldn't have got rid of Steve Tanzi, He practically started that company.
I guess Im lost here--you will have to enlighten please. If Steve Tanzi (never met him and dont know him) "practically " started that company, how did EPW/Erson end up with it and it was moved to Louisville from Nevada. I ran several Sig Erson cams in early days and still do. Not being smart. Just an inquiring mind
reed
Steve Tanzi's a great guy, and he's awesome at profiling camshafts. Would love to have him back as a salesman to pick profiles for customers. Steve as the general manager of Erson didn't work out, so we had to make some changes. I know Steve was with the company for many years. Erson has been owned by several other companies in the past 50 years. When PBM acquired Erson Cams they kept Steve on for several years. When I moved the company to Louisville, KY we were unable to keep Steve on at that time. The company was moved to try to make it more competitive in the camshaft manufacturing market. As always, if anyone has any questions, concerns or complaints, please let me know so we can try to fix it.
Thanks
Russ
Russ Yoder
Erson Cams
Louisville, KY
ersoncamsshop@gmail.com
www.pbm-erson.com
800-641-7920
ext 8003 (John)
ext 1041 (Ryan)
Chipster

Post by Chipster »

Russ:

Any truth that Eric Bolander has left.

He was my guy after Steve Tanzi moved.

Who do I need to ask for now?

Ryan, John, you?

Please enlighten your PBM distributers.

Thanks Chip

PS: The last custom roller cam I received was extremely nice.
Eric found the core I needed to fit the grind with the cast dist gear I wanted.
10 business day’s to my door with a “Cam Pro” report. Thank You!
cgarb
Guru
Guru

Post by cgarb »

I put in a cam request back several months ago and never got a response back. The website has been changing around some so maybe somehow it got lost in the shuffle?
ErsonCamShop
Vendor

Post by ErsonCamShop »

Chipster wrote:Russ:

Any truth that Eric Bolander has left.

He was my guy after Steve Tanzi moved.

Who do I need to ask for now?

Ryan, John, you?

Please enlighten your PBM distributers.

Thanks Chip

PS: The last custom roller cam I received was extremely nice.
Eric found the core I needed to fit the grind with the cast dist gear I wanted.
10 business day’s to my door with a “Cam Pro” report. Thank You!

John Hartman, who was one of the original Erson Cams salesmen, has replaced Eric Bolander. His extension is the same as Eric's was. If you have any trouble contacting him, feel free to email or PM me. Thanks for the feedback! Glad you liked it, and if you have any trouble, let us know.
Thanks
Russ Yoder
Erson Cams
Louisville, KY
ersoncamsshop@gmail.com
www.pbm-erson.com
800-641-7920
ext 8003 (John)
ext 1041 (Ryan)
ErsonCamShop
Vendor

Post by ErsonCamShop »

cgarb wrote:I put in a cam request back several months ago and never got a response back. The website has been changing around some so maybe somehow it got lost in the shuffle?
Sorry to hear that. We'll get it sorted out. PM me and we'll prioritize it and get you in touch with John Hartman so you can speak with him today. Who did you try to contact?
Thanks
Russ Yoder
Erson Cams
Louisville, KY
ersoncamsshop@gmail.com
www.pbm-erson.com
800-641-7920
ext 8003 (John)
ext 1041 (Ryan)