Camshaft grinding wheel supplier?

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

CamKing
Guru
Guru

Re: Camshaft grinding wheel supplier?

Post by CamKing »

Good luck, and let me know what you find out.
We keep 3 different wheels mounted on hubs, and all 3 are custom compositions.
We have one for roughing full circle steel billet cams prior to heat treat.
We have one for finish grinding cast iron cams, that we just switched to last year.
We have one for finish grinding steel cams, that we've been using since the late 80's. We've tried multiple recommendations to replace this wheel, but nothing has worked as well.
We also stock a wheel for grinding powdered metal cams.

In the 30 years of trying every "latest and greatest" grinding wheel the sales reps told me I needed, 1 was actually better then what I was using.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449
Perf Plus

Post by Perf Plus »

Hello Guys !!!

Here I'am and working my way back into the market with my own product line of Crank and Cam wheels etc
I finished my market approval testing on my crank wheels August 1st.
Current doing cam grinding test with a local shop near me and also waiting on my other cam testing specs to arrive.
It will be quite awhile before I come to market because all the testing has to be completed and satisfactory.

I supplied many crank and cam accounts across the country with Plastic bonded, ceramic bonded wheels etc etc
during my years at Radiac.

GO to my web site perfplustle.com
Martin Wimberly
cell 618-322-7587
e-mail perfplus@ussonet.net
cgarb
Guru
Guru

Post by cgarb »

CamKing wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:28 am Good luck, and let me know what you find out.
We keep 3 different wheels mounted on hubs, and all 3 are custom compositions.
We have one for roughing full circle steel billet cams prior to heat treat.
We have one for finish grinding cast iron cams, that we just switched to last year.
We have one for finish grinding steel cams, that we've been using since the late 80's. We've tried multiple recommendations to replace this wheel, but nothing has worked as well.
We also stock a wheel for grinding powdered metal cams.

In the 30 years of trying every "latest and greatest" grinding wheel the sales reps told me I needed, 1 was actually better then what I was using.
That's because every time the grinding wheel industry changes their manufacturing process because of government mandates or cost reduction they are trying to sell that as an "upgrade". Its the same everywhere, carbide inserts or milling cutters. Very few changes have been made to increase speed or durability of the tools...they make money on selling the replacements.
Perf Plus

Post by Perf Plus »

FLYIN FINN wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:30 pm Call Radiac and ask for Martin Wimberly if he still is there
Thank you for throwing my name out their guys.
I'm no longer working for Radiac and I've developed my own Brand label.
After over 33 years I'm now on my own and engineering products for myself with other companies.
I have cam wheels being made currently and have started the testing of a camshaft wheel here recently.
I have other test scheduled with cam companies as well and plan to have an offering sometime next year
as it takes a long time to develop product, test it and then re-test again. Since I was use to using Radiacs
bond systems and now working to develop with other companies there is a learning curve.
Also I have CBN Camshaft wheel products available to me now for use with CNC machines and also all NEW Single point
diamond dressing CBN wheels for conventional Cam grinders.
I also just finished my Crankshaft wheel grinding testing and I feel now I'm market approved. I can currently take orders for future delivery
after manufacturing in sizes of 26" 28" 32" and 36".
I have a limited supply of finished stock currently in 28" ready to ship.

If you would like to discuss further give me a call,

Martin Wimberly
Performance Plus
The Leading Edge
web site perfplustle.com
email perfplus@ussonet.net
Cell 618-322-7587