Comp cams extreme 4x4 cams

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

CamKing
Guru
Guru

Re: Comp cams extreme 4x4 cams

Post by CamKing »

The problem with most of these large corporations is, the bean counters quickly realize the return on investing in development, is much lower then the return on investing in marketing.
Back when Harvey was still running Crane Cams, he was giving my dad a tour or the facilities, and he said "you want to see how you make money in the cam business?", then he showed my dad the locks on the doors to the dyno room.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449
econo racer
Expert
Expert

Post by econo racer »

I have one and I call it a Nitrous truck puller cam. :shock:
RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory »

CamKing wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:55 pm The problem with most of these large corporations is, the bean counters quickly realize the return on investing in development, is much lower then the return on investing in marketing.
Back when Harvey was still running Crane Cams, he was giving my dad a tour or the facilities, and he said "you want to see how you make money in the cam business?", then he showed my dad the locks on the doors to the dyno room.
DV told me a funny story about Harvey Crane Jr. after they'd done a couple of years of dyno testing. Jr. told him, "if I ground my cams for what the engine actually needed instead of what the customer thought he wanted, I wouldn't sell any camshafts."
F-BIRD'88
Guru
Guru

Post by F-BIRD'88 »

So if your 4x4 gets wet crossing creeks, streams or maybe a big rain storm should you use the Extreme Marine cam?

112 LSA. 😋😋😋
dfarr67
Expert
Expert

Post by dfarr67 »

I used a 4x4 on a 5.7L TBI flat tappet- was noisey mentioned;)
There's lots of other brands out there- I would not use Comp at all for cams. I do use their steel Ultra R rockers.