General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

maca
Pro
Pro
holley sniper question

Post by maca »

Hey all
I am currently running a Fitech throttle body injection. Its the 8 injector one that supports 1200hp.
I am looking at getting another one but thought I would check out the holley sniper version which looks exactly the same. They also claim to have a 8 injector version but when I search the internet all I can find is the 4 injector 600hp version for sale. Anyone know where I can find the 1200hp version or is it not out yet.
Cheers Greg
maca
Pro
Pro
Re: holley sniper question

Post by maca »

Anyone know if the holley 8 injection sniper is out yet
hq308

Post by hq308 »

I don't believe it's been released yet.
My427stang
Expert
Expert

Post by My427stang »

BTW, I do not think the Sniper is exactly the same. Very similar, but some differences in the air horn area on the 4 injector version.

Does the Sniper allow laptop tuning? That'd be worth the extra couple of hundred bucks for me with the FITech upgrade. The programmers just don't have enough control for me
Bullock's Power Service, LLC
Plattsmouth, NE
70 Mustang, 489 FE, TKO-600, Massflo SEFI, 4.11s
71 F100 SB 4x4, 461 FE, 4 speed, port injected EFI, 3.50s
Newold1
Guru
Guru

Post by Newold1 »

Here is my question?

Is the FiTech 1200HP 8 injector unit you are running a two separate 4 port throttle bodies each with 4 injectors?

My reason for asking is if this is a normally aspirated engine, the largest single throttle body they appear to offer is only about 850 cfm and you can't make 1200HP with 850 cfm normally aspirated!

Is FiTech telling you this, because if they are I need to learn their magic science!
The Older I Get, The Dumber I Get :wink:
RednGold86Z
Expert
Expert

Post by RednGold86Z »

Newold1 wrote:Here is my question?

Is the FiTech 1200HP 8 injector unit you are running a two separate 4 port throttle bodies each with 4 injectors?

My reason for asking is if this is a normally aspirated engine, the largest single throttle body they appear to offer is only about 850 cfm and you can't make 1200HP with 850 cfm normally aspirated!

Is FiTech telling you this, because if they are I need to learn their magic science!
The 1200hp is for boosted applications - there are 8 80 lb/hr injectors. All systems can be tuned by laptop - the software is included on the handheld memory card of most systems (the street and mean street don't include it).