Pulsing fuel injectors when dry

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Circlotron
Guru
Guru

Pulsing fuel injectors when dry

Post by Circlotron »

I have to do some bench tests on one of those FiTech injection throttle bodies. Only doing stuff with the ignition side but it means the injectors will be buzzing away during the test. Can operating them dry cause any harm?
pamotorman
Guru
Guru
Re: Pulsing fuel injectors when dry

Post by pamotorman »

Circlotron wrote:I have to do some bench tests on one of those FiTech injection throttle bodies. Only doing stuff with the ignition side but it means the injectors will be buzzing away during the test. Can operating them dry cause any harm?
I believe that some injectors use the fuel to cool the coil, better call the company
RednGold86Z
Expert
Expert

Re: Pulsing fuel injectors when dry

Post by RednGold86Z »

I don't recommend running them dry. I've locked some up when dry running them for too long.

If you want, just take the end caps off and disconnect the injectors. The end caps have 2 O-rings per side to seal the fuel crossovers, so don't lose those. Also use a little lube when reassembling, and make sure the injector O-rings don't roll - if they leak after reinstalling, often times it just takes a little twisting side to side with each injector to untwist the O-rings.

If you have any other questions about the FiTech system, PM me. I can send files to make it do whatever you need. I'm guessing you're wanting to run timing control with an ICE ignition?? I can make it run timing control from a square wave going into the tach input if you need.
Jeremy Schmidt
Dir. of R&D, Dongguan Trans. & Fuel Injection Technologies
OEM and Alt fuel
Founder FiTech EFI
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fitechef ... 4714115450