100 Octane Pump Gas by 2020?

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Re: 100 Octane Pump Gas by 2020?

Post by gmrocket »

Truckedup wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:38 am I didn't know the Rotax engines were used in new bikes.....
BRP uses Rotax in all their trikes....
naukkis79
Pro
Pro

Post by naukkis79 »

Truckedup wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:38 am I didn't know the Rotax engines were used in new bikes.....
Aprilia uses them, also some BMW bikes too.
Truckedup
Guru
Guru

Post by Truckedup »

Duh, I sould have remember the later Buells .......I believe some of the newer Aprilia big bore bikes use a Paggio built engine ?
Motorcycle land speed racing... wearing animal hides and clinging to vibrating oily machines propelled by fire
Tom Walker
Pro
Pro

Post by Tom Walker »

In my opinion, for my industry, which is trucking, the holy grail of internal combustion engines is this. Good fuel mileage is definitely a need, but reliability and durability is paramount. Downtime is a deal breaker and downtime due to a crazy amount of complexity and endless number of sensors on the engine failing, has been the cause of some smaller operations failing completely.
We require an engine that can be operated in a profitable manner, repaired quickly and easily, which to us means, "The simpler, the better.
After 40 plus years of operating diesels for a living, you learn what works and what can take you down or completely out with its maintenance and repair costs.