LS3 Carbed build

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

202ci EH
Re: LS3 Carbed build

Post by 202ci EH »

Oh! I had no idea that existed :-&
This is what it looks like :wink:

Potentially! Are they 10cc domes? It might put my comp too high for pump fuel, heads are 58cc chambers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CGT
Guru
Guru

Post by CGT »

202ci EH wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:57 pm Oh! I had no idea that existed :-&
This is what it looks like :wink: :D

Potentially! Are they 10cc domes? It might put my comp too high for pump fuel, heads are 58cc chambers.
Cool car for sure, I've never seen anything that looks quite like that. Very Australian looking :D

Yes, they are 10cc domes, yes that would be very high compression :lol: . They would be cheap though. The reality is settling in on this engine of mine.

It's been very fun playing with all these stock parts, but when looking to upgrade crank and rods, and valvetrain....the truth is I have some things I have a decent amount of money in, that have little market value :shock: ….and very few parts that can be carried over to the next level.

Not much of a market for a rotating assembly that consists of a stock 3.622 crank, stock PM rods with ARP 2000 bolts, and some 10cc dome pistons with gas ports....I mean you could mill the domes down or off, but you still have gas ports which scare some people off. Also not much of a market for .400 lobe lift hydraulic roller cams that are 260° to 280° duration @.050 #-o

But then again, if your playing around with these kinds of things and viewing them as investments.....your obviously confused anyway. :roll:...education isn't free
In-Tech
Vendor

Post by In-Tech »

Frankshaft wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:48 am They respond to less intake duration, big spreads on ex, and WIDE lobe seps. like out to 118.
I keep reading this on the internet and it is a false rumor because of one of the GMPP cams with stupid amounts of exhaust duration, also not including the ASA cam that was intended for cathedral heads and ended up in the crate LS3's with the rectangular ports. The lobe center comment is fairly accurate although one cam I use with tremendous results is on a 109, but it is REVERSE pattern. A few years ago I put a junkyard 5.3 on the dyno and it made the advertised 315hp to the dot. 5 cam changes and 3 intake manifolds per cam change to see patterns, I ended up learning a lot and made 453hp and also picked up major torque including 100 ftlb increase at 3000 rpm. =D>
Heat is energy, energy is horsepower...but you gotta control the heat.
-Carl
MaxFlow
Expert
Expert

Post by MaxFlow »

Can't believe I haven't been here and missed a thread like this:

The oil pressure problem get solved? The Schuman pump "pressure recovery"will work ok but you have to plug the bypass in the pump. We ran an external "Peterson" regulator and plugged the bypass in the pump. We fed all the excess back to the pan. That pickup tube deal there really didn't seem to do anything IMO, still had light problems on deceleration. That recovery bypass would trip the pump and the oil pressure would stay a constant 67psi. Turning up the external bypass wouldn't stop this. We just quit fooling with it. The LS engine is tough in the oiling department, drag racers are lucky. We've built several for roundy round and we are just using external oil pumps now. You have to watch out for the drainback provisions as many heads have different ways of doing so.

I hope you, Randy, and that cosmetically challenged dyno verification testing equipment is doing well.
Joe Stalnaker
WV