Real Budget Vortec Engine build

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

RevTheory
Guru
Guru
Re: Real Budget Vortec Engine build

Post by RevTheory »

randy331 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:33 pm 1.94" valve with 52* seats ? Did I read that right ?
That may be a new HP/ valve window area record ?? LOL
So,.... low lift flow adds low rpm power ?
How much low lift flowZ could a 1.94 valve with a 52* seats have ?
Small valves don't add power below peak TQ ?
Steep seats don't either ?

Open ex valve 8*-10* earlier and close In valve 4* later?

Looks like it's short on something ?? Short on peak TQ to peak HP spread.

Did you figure what your mufflers need to flow for that engine ??
Hate to see it loose a bunch of power in the car cause of low muffler flowZ.

Randy
How old are you? You just can't help yourself, huh.
slo-svt

Post by slo-svt »

CGT wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:24 am Just got an opportunity to look through the spreadsheet. Very Nice SVT.
Thanks

To the people having trouble opening the spreadsheet. Excel online is free. You may try saving the file to you computer and uploading to a one drive account. You should be able to open and view it with excel online. I haven't confirmed as the IT department at my work has us locked out of everything. I will give it a try when I get home tonight. Here is a link if anyone wants to try. All you need is to create a Microsoft/gmail account if you don't have one.

https://office.live.com/start/Excel.aspx
Pure logical thinking cannot yield us any knowledge of the empirical world; all knowledge of reality starts from experience and ends in it.

Albert Einstein
CGT
Guru
Guru

Post by CGT »

slo-svt wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:33 am
CGT wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:24 am Just got an opportunity to look through the spreadsheet. Very Nice SVT.
Thanks

To the people having trouble opening the spreadsheet. Excel online is free. You may try saving the file to you computer and uploading to a one drive account. You should be able to open and view it with excel online. I haven't confirmed as the IT department at my work has us locked out of everything. I will give it a try when I get home tonight. Here is a link if anyone wants to try. All you need is to create a Microsoft/gmail account if you don't have one.

I wasn't able to get anything free over the weekend. So you may be possibly spreading fake newz bruh. It wants your credit card number so that it can charge you after the first month if I remember right. You happen to notice those EGT's on Dale?
Last edited by CGT on Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
slo-svt

Post by slo-svt »

CGT wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:41 am
slo-svt wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:33 am
Thanks

I wasn't able to get anything free over the weekend. So you may be possibly spreading fake newz bruh.
Its only free online. You cant download it to a computer. You have to log in with gmail or Microsoft account. To open existing excel sheets you have to upload to one drive and open from there. I used to use it before I bucked up and bought the real deal. It works, just kinda slow and inconvenient. In my opinion it is nicer than google sheets though.
Pure logical thinking cannot yield us any knowledge of the empirical world; all knowledge of reality starts from experience and ends in it.

Albert Einstein
CGT
Guru
Guru

Post by CGT »

Randy, window area matches throat area right at .420 lift.
zums
Guru
Guru

Post by zums »

I cant open the file , turned out nice, i think you have more power there just spreading the centers, just multiply 128 minus the intake opening point and divide by your birth date
Put a go pro in the car and record the kids face when he opens over 450hp for the first time, ougta be funny, im guessin he'll do better than 16.20 in the 1/4 lol
Tom
CGT
Guru
Guru

Post by CGT »

zums wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:32 pm I cant open the file , turned out nice, i think you have more power there just spreading the centers, just multiply 128 minus the intake opening point and divide by your birth date
Put a go pro in the car and record the kids face when he opens over 450hp for the first time, ougta be funny, im guessin he'll do better than 16.20 in the 1/4 lol
Tom
If you can find a trial of excel its worth it. Its a great way to analyze the data. I keep finding things I missed "in the moment" on the dyno now, after reviewing data. What would you have put in it for a cam? And yeah, the kid is gonna shit his pants for sure.
Jim2527

Post by Jim2527 »

CGT
Guru
Guru

Post by CGT »

Jim2527 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:08 pm Image
Thanks Jim. That may give some people an ideal of what the format looks like. It's really well done. I learned a lot already from viewing it? Did you play with the drop downs etc?
slo-svt

Post by slo-svt »

This is what it should look like. If you are using 97-03 excel it will loose everything. If using 07 excel it won’t have the colored formatting. All the bright yellow boxes are drop down menus that select run and data parameter you want to compare. Sheet 3 is a line graph as showed. Hopefully I can get the online excel thing worked out when I get home.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Albert Einstein
CGT
Guru
Guru

Post by CGT »

Resized_20190223_163455.jpg
This is how the pro products vortec manifold comes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jim2527

Post by Jim2527 »

CGT wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:18 pm Thanks Jim. That may give some people an ideal of what the format looks like. It's really well done. I learned a lot already from viewing it? Did you play with the drop downs etc?
Drop downs are really cool. I saved the file then opened it with Works. The online version of excell works well.
makin chips
Pro
Pro

Post by makin chips »

RevTheory wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:04 pm Nothing wrong with a low-temp glory pull. I'd want to do it too just to see. Well done.
Engine Masters just did an entire episode on this, ironically. They found power cooling down the fuel, which I didn't expect. It's pretty interesting. They did a bunch of different stuff to test whether a hot engine made less and a cool engine made more, then surmised that cooling the fuel would help even more and it did. It may have actually gone a little differently than I described but that's the basics of it.

Nice job on the engine! Looks good, too. I had no problem opening the file on my Android 8.0 phone using Hancom Office Editor, which came on the phone I think. It even has the line graph on pg 3. Unfortunately, it looks like the dropdown menus don't work on Hancom. All of the other formatting is still there, though.
randy331
Guru
Guru

Post by randy331 »

CGT wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:09 pm Randy, window area matches throat area right at .420 lift.
Which gauge did you measure it with ?? LOL
I'd assume the pushrod area is smaller yet ?
That's likely holding it back some.

Running out of port or port shape.

I'd still say it'd like a earlier EVO and a little later IVC.

Randy
CGT
Guru
Guru

Post by CGT »

randy331 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:29 pm
CGT wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:09 pm Randy, window area matches throat area right at .420 lift.
Which gauge did you measure it with ?? LOL
I'd assume the pushrod area is smaller yet ?
That's likely holding it back some.

Running out of port or port shape.

I'd still say it'd like a earlier EVO and a little later IVC.

Randy
1.9ish at the prp.....with that gauge lol