New domain: www.Speed-Talk.com

The forum is currently running on the new domain and server. The old domain will remain active for a while to forward any (less frequent) visitors.
Update your bookmarks to https://www.speed-talk.com or
https://www.speed-talk.com/forum/

Race Engine Challenge 2019

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Gregory
HotPass
HotPass
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:01 am
Location: Charlotte
Contact:

Race Engine Challenge 2019

Post by Gregory » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:29 pm

Let’s hear from some of the REC competitors about where they stand with their builds and why you think you could have a winning combination? Since the rules are the same as last year, you know the winning score you will have to at least beat this year.
For those not in the contest, if you have some ideas about a combination it would take to win, we’re always looking for some
good technical ideas.
www.RaceEngineChallenge.com

Curtis Z
New Member
New Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:53 pm

Re: Race Engine Challenge 2019

Post by Curtis Z » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:11 pm

I'm not a competitor but, I would think if this contest is "Max Street/Strip Engines", I would think a single carb or single TB would be more
reflective of what's out there - just my thoughts.
Also, when will the speakers for the tech conference be listed?

Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4338
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:15 am
Location: Roseville, Michigan (just north of Detroit)
Contact:

Re: Race Engine Challenge 2019

Post by Walter R. Malik » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:23 pm

Curtis Z wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:11 pm
I'm not a competitor but, I would think if this contest is "Max Street/Strip Engines", I would think a single carb or single TB would be more
reflective of what's out there - just my thoughts.
Also, when will the speakers for the tech conference be listed?
I have witnessed a lot of street hot rods using tunnel rams on their toy but, those sights are dwindling for sure.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.

User avatar
CamKing
Guru
Guru
Posts: 9027
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:05 pm
Location: Denver, NC
Contact:

Re: Race Engine Challenge 2019

Post by CamKing » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:06 am

Curtis Z wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:11 pm
Also, when will the speakers for the tech conference be listed?
Luckily for those attending, they won't have to sit through my bore-fest this year. With the date change, I'll be in Spain during the competition.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449

Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4338
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:15 am
Location: Roseville, Michigan (just north of Detroit)
Contact:

Re: Race Engine Challenge 2019

Post by Walter R. Malik » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:47 am

CamKing wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:06 am
Curtis Z wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:11 pm
Also, when will the speakers for the tech conference be listed?
Luckily for those attending, they won't have to sit through my bore-fest this year. With the date change, I'll be in Spain during the competition.
AW Mike, I really enjoyed your talk last year mainly because is was "thought provoking" and dispelled a few common myths about what is mostly needed for part throttle STREET cams Vs. wide open throttle RACE cams.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.

Gregory
HotPass
HotPass
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:01 am
Location: Charlotte
Contact:

Re: Race Engine Challenge 2019

Post by Gregory » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:59 pm

Curtis Z wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:11 pm
I'm not a competitor but, I would think if this contest is "Max Street/Strip Engines", I would think a single carb or single TB would be more
reflective of what's out there - just my thoughts.
Also, when will the speakers for the tech conference be listed?
You’re not the first one to make this suggestion about a single carb or TB - it certainly will be considered in the future.
We wanted to keep the rules the same this year so competitors had another year to tweak their engines and not have
to deal with rules that arbitrarily change year to year.

It will be May/June before we have the speakers for our on site tech conference (tech talk) lined-up.
If you’re not a competitor, but a true gear head and want to attend (admission TBD) the week of September 16th should
be for you. With the sound of engines taching-up on the dyno, tech talks going on, mingling around trick engines and their builders it will be like being in HP heaven.
The Staff
www.RaceEngineChallenge.com

slo-svt
Member
Member
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 3:15 pm

Re: Race Engine Challenge 2019

Post by slo-svt » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:38 pm

Gregory wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:29 pm
Let’s hear from some of the REC competitors about where they stand with their builds and why you think you could have a winning combination? Since the rules are the same as last year, you know the winning score you will have to at least beat this year.
For those not in the contest, if you have some ideas about a combination it would take to win, we’re always looking for some
good technical ideas.
www.RaceEngineChallenge.com
Have you already released a contestant list?
"I believe in the scientific method and one should have a healthy skepticism of things in general. From a scientific standpoint, you always look at thing probabilistically and not definitively."

Elon Musk

makin chips
Pro
Pro
Posts: 224
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:15 am

Re: Race Engine Challenge 2019

Post by makin chips » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:16 am

slo-svt wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:38 pm
Gregory wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:29 pm
Let’s hear from some of the REC competitors about where they stand with their builds and why you think you could have a winning combination? Since the rules are the same as last year, you know the winning score you will have to at least beat this year.
For those not in the contest, if you have some ideas about a combination it would take to win, we’re always looking for some
good technical ideas.
www.RaceEngineChallenge.com
Have you already released a contestant list?
Website has the date it's supposed to be released

slo-svt
Member
Member
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 3:15 pm

Re: Race Engine Challenge 2019

Post by slo-svt » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:05 am

makin chips wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:16 am
slo-svt wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:38 pm
Gregory wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:29 pm
Let’s hear from some of the REC competitors about where they stand with their builds and why you think you could have a winning combination? Since the rules are the same as last year, you know the winning score you will have to at least beat this year.
For those not in the contest, if you have some ideas about a combination it would take to win, we’re always looking for some
good technical ideas.
www.RaceEngineChallenge.com
Have you already released a contestant list?
Website has the date it's supposed to be released
But yet he is here asking the contestants where they stand with their build 4 days prior...
"I believe in the scientific method and one should have a healthy skepticism of things in general. From a scientific standpoint, you always look at thing probabilistically and not definitively."

Elon Musk

Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4338
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:15 am
Location: Roseville, Michigan (just north of Detroit)
Contact:

Re: Race Engine Challenge 2019

Post by Walter R. Malik » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:02 am

slo-svt wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:05 am
makin chips wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:16 am

Website has the date it's supposed to be released
But yet he is here asking the contestants where they stand with their build 4 days prior...
It has been clearly stated, last year's contestants are automatically accepted this year if they wish.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.

User avatar
CamKing
Guru
Guru
Posts: 9027
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:05 pm
Location: Denver, NC
Contact:

Re: Race Engine Challenge 2019

Post by CamKing » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:06 am

slo-svt wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:05 am
But yet he is here asking the contestants where they stand with their build 4 days prior...
He was just trying to start a conversation about the engine builds, for the sake of the forum.
Some people here, would like to hear about the builds, and the thinking that when into choosing the engine combos.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449

slo-svt
Member
Member
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 3:15 pm

Re: Race Engine Challenge 2019

Post by slo-svt » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:03 am

It was a simple question. The post maybe suggested the list had been released. I looked on the website and Facebook and didn’t see it. It is possible that people who didn’t compete last year entered this year and may not know if they were accepted or not...
"I believe in the scientific method and one should have a healthy skepticism of things in general. From a scientific standpoint, you always look at thing probabilistically and not definitively."

Elon Musk

slo-svt
Member
Member
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 3:15 pm

Re: Race Engine Challenge 2019

Post by slo-svt » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:36 pm

I will be brining a 429 ls7 to the inline class. There was a build thread on here about it back before speedtalk went down. I will obviously be changing some things to make it competitive (the competition rpm range is lower than I originally intended). I should be ready for the first dyno session in a few weeks to get a baseline and get an idea of where I stand and what we need to work on. Good luck everyone.
"I believe in the scientific method and one should have a healthy skepticism of things in general. From a scientific standpoint, you always look at thing probabilistically and not definitively."

Elon Musk

nitro2
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2173
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 12:38 am
Contact:

Re: Race Engine Challenge 2019

Post by nitro2 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:07 pm

Gregory wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:59 pm

We wanted to keep the rules the same this year so competitors had another year to tweak their engines and not have
to deal with rules that arbitrarily change year to year.


The Staff
www.RaceEngineChallenge.com
Good plan IMO. =D>
TFX Engine Technology Inc.
High Speed Combustion/Intake/Exhaust Pressure Tuning Equipment
www.tfxengine.com
1-800-479-5571

CGT
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1692
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: Race Engine Challenge 2019

Post by CGT » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:47 pm

slo-svt wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:36 pm
I will be brining a 429 ls7 to the inline class. There was a build thread on here about it back before speedtalk went down. I will obviously be changing some things to make it competitive (the competition rpm range is lower than I originally intended). I should be ready for the first dyno session in a few weeks to get a baseline and get an idea of where I stand and what we need to work on. Good luck everyone.
What hood will you be running?
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, He will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man"

Post Reply