Race Engine Challenge 2019

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

Gregory

Race Engine Challenge 2019

Post by Gregory »

Let’s hear from some of the REC competitors about where they stand with their builds and why you think you could have a winning combination? Since the rules are the same as last year, you know the winning score you will have to at least beat this year.
For those not in the contest, if you have some ideas about a combination it would take to win, we’re always looking for some
good technical ideas.
www.RaceEngineChallenge.com
Curtis Z
Re: Race Engine Challenge 2019

Post by Curtis Z »

I'm not a competitor but, I would think if this contest is "Max Street/Strip Engines", I would think a single carb or single TB would be more
reflective of what's out there - just my thoughts.
Also, when will the speakers for the tech conference be listed?
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

Post by Walter R. Malik »

Curtis Z wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:11 pm I'm not a competitor but, I would think if this contest is "Max Street/Strip Engines", I would think a single carb or single TB would be more
I have witnessed a lot of street hot rods using tunnel rams on their toy but, those sights are dwindling for sure.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

Curtis Z wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:11 pm Also, when will the speakers for the tech conference be listed?
Luckily for those attending, they won't have to sit through my bore-fest this year. With the date change, I'll be in Spain during the competition.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

CamKing wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:06 am
Curtis Z wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:11 pm Also, when will the speakers for the tech conference be listed?
Luckily for those attending, they won't have to sit through my bore-fest this year. With the date change, I'll be in Spain during the competition.
AW Mike, I really enjoyed your talk last year mainly because is was "thought provoking" and dispelled a few common myths about what is mostly needed for part throttle STREET cams Vs. wide open throttle RACE cams.
Gregory

Post by Gregory »

Curtis Z wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:11 pm I'm not a competitor but, I would think if this contest is "Max Street/Strip Engines", I would think a single carb or single TB would be more
You’re not the first one to make this suggestion about a single carb or TB - it certainly will be considered in the future.
We wanted to keep the rules the same this year so competitors had another year to tweak their engines and not have
to deal with rules that arbitrarily change year to year.

It will be May/June before we have the speakers for our on site tech conference (tech talk) lined-up.
If you’re not a competitor, but a true gear head and want to attend (admission TBD) the week of September 16th should
be for you. With the sound of engines taching-up on the dyno, tech talks going on, mingling around trick engines and their builders it will be like being in HP heaven.
The Staff
slo-svt

Post by slo-svt »

Gregory wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:29 pm Let’s hear from some of the REC competitors about where they stand with their builds and why you think you could have a winning combination? Since the rules are the same as last year, you know the winning score you will have to at least beat this year.
For those not in the contest, if you have some ideas about a combination it would take to win, we’re always looking for some
good technical ideas.
Have you already released a contestant list?
Pure logical thinking cannot yield us any knowledge of the empirical world; all knowledge of reality starts from experience and ends in it.

Albert Einstein
makin chips
Pro
Pro

Post by makin chips »

slo-svt wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:38 pm
Gregory wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:29 pm Let’s hear from some of the REC competitors about where they stand with their builds and why you think you could have a winning combination? Since the rules are the same as last year, you know the winning score you will have to at least beat this year.
good technical ideas.
Website has the date it's supposed to be released
slo-svt

Post by slo-svt »

makin chips wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:16 am
slo-svt wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:38 pm
good technical ideas.
But yet he is here asking the contestants where they stand with their build 4 days prior...
Pure logical thinking cannot yield us any knowledge of the empirical world; all knowledge of reality starts from experience and ends in it.

Albert Einstein
Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru

slo-svt wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:05 am
makin chips wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:16 am
But yet he is here asking the contestants where they stand with their build 4 days prior...
It has been clearly stated, last year's contestants are automatically accepted this year if they wish.
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

slo-svt wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:05 am But yet he is here asking the contestants where they stand with their build 4 days prior...
He was just trying to start a conversation about the engine builds, for the sake of the forum.
Some people here, would like to hear about the builds, and the thinking that when into choosing the engine combos.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449
slo-svt

Post by slo-svt »

It was a simple question. The post maybe suggested the list had been released. I looked on the website and Facebook and didn’t see it. It is possible that people who didn’t compete last year entered this year and may not know if they were accepted or not...

Albert Einstein
slo-svt

Post by slo-svt »

I will be brining a 429 ls7 to the inline class. There was a build thread on here about it back before speedtalk went down. I will obviously be changing some things to make it competitive (the competition rpm range is lower than I originally intended). I should be ready for the first dyno session in a few weeks to get a baseline and get an idea of where I stand and what we need to work on. Good luck everyone.

Albert Einstein
nitro2
Vendor

Post by nitro2 »

Gregory wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:59 pm
We wanted to keep the rules the same this year so competitors had another year to tweak their engines and not have
to deal with rules that arbitrarily change year to year.

The Staff
Good plan IMO. =D>
High Speed Combustion Pressure Tuning Equipment
TFX Engine Technology Inc.
tfx.engine@yahoo.com
www.tfxengine.com
CGT
Guru
Guru

Post by CGT »

slo-svt wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:36 pm I will be brining a 429 ls7 to the inline class. There was a build thread on here about it back before speedtalk went down. I will obviously be changing some things to make it competitive (the competition rpm range is lower than I originally intended). I should be ready for the first dyno session in a few weeks to get a baseline and get an idea of where I stand and what we need to work on. Good luck everyone.
What hood will you be running?