I heard the LS1 borrowed from other brands which came before

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Tuner
Guru
Guru
Re: I heard the LS1 borrowed from other brands which came before

Post by Tuner »

The underlying harmony in the melody in "I put a spell on you" by Screamin' Jay Hawkins, Buddy Guy, Creedence Clearwater, et al, is borrowed from Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata". So?
Racer71
Pro
Pro

Post by Racer71 »

I know sbf headers with a flange change bolt to a ls engine, same spacing, I’ve done it personally to several cars. The ls smells suspiciously familiar to a sbf. Even the firing order is the same if you number the cylinders the same.
SchmidtMotorWorks
Vendor

Post by SchmidtMotorWorks »

Racer71 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:28 pm I know sbf headers with a flange change bolt to a ls engine, same spacing, I’ve done it personally to several cars. The ls smells suspiciously familiar to a sbf. Even the firing order is the same if you number the cylinders the same.
Do you seriously think that engine designers in the modern era are reverse engineering junk designed before CAD and CAE?
Helping to Deliver the Promise of Flying Cars
Truckedup
Guru
Guru

Post by Truckedup »

I believe the 1949 Caddy and Olds were the first mass produced wedge head V-8's ? So everything that came after is a copy of these two engines...
Motorcycle land speed racing... wearing animal hides and clinging to vibrating oily machines propelled by fire