MCS Length?

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

GARY C
HotPass
HotPass
Re: MCS Length?

Post by GARY C »

MadBill wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 10:27 pm Are you planning to use it?
The coating or epoxy?

Yes to both, if I remember to coat it. :) Tony Bischoff turned me on to the A-788 years ago and Shade Spier and his customers have some experience with A-788 being coated and having a long life, I think it's more to protect from ethanol based fuels but so far I have not found any bad info on it, this seems to be the products most if not all head guys are using successfully.
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
MadBill
Guru
Guru

Post by MadBill »

Yes, I meant the Devcon product.
Felix, qui potuit rerum cognscere causas.

Happy is he who can discover the cause of things.
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

MadBill wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 12:07 am Yes, I meant the Devcon product.
If I can think of a good test to compare untreated A-788 with E-10 pump gas vs Race Fuel vs a TEL MTBE race fuel and don't see a difference then I may not treat it, but then again by the time I get it together I may not even remember to treat it and then I will just have to run it as it is.
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
MadBill
Guru
Guru

Post by MadBill »

You could apply a layer of Splash Zone to roughened aluminum test strips, say 1" x 2" x 1/16", let it cure, then coat one half of each with the Devcon material. Let that cure, then submerge a specimen in a small container of each fuel, preferably kept warm, say on a heating pad. Examine them after 24 hr. If no difference in color, adhesion, etc., let them steep for a week and reinspect. I can't see effects showing up any later than that. As an S/T community service you could add a sample of E85 to complete the matrix. :)
Felix, qui potuit rerum cognscere causas.

Happy is he who can discover the cause of things.
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

I got bored so I thought I would bring this back up to see if any new comers or others that had not seen it had any thoughts... Just pondering what to do with projects I have that no longer spark my interest.
Please Note!