EQ BBC head porting - zero to hero in 12 days

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

WeingartnerRacing
Expert
Expert

Re: EQ BBC head porting - zero to hero in 12 days

Post by WeingartnerRacing »

GARY C wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:03 pm It seems like the iron head market is going away, not many classes dictate them now days may be killing sales.
God I hope so. It makes no sense nowadays.
Eric Weingartner
Weingartner Racing LLC
918-520-3480
www.wengines.com
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

In-Tech wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:40 am Hi David, off topic but am sorry to hear you are in the hospital again. I've had my fair share of woes and have had 7 surgeries in the last couple of years, no fun. Hopefully this last one was the fix. I wish you a speedy recovery.
Carl,

I am out now. Last stay was only short - got fixed OK.
thanks
DV
David Vizard Small Group Performance Seminars - held about every 2 months. My shop or yours. Contact for seminar deails - davidvizardseminar@gmail.com for details.
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

WeingartnerRacing wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:14 pm
GARY C wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:03 pm It seems like the iron head market is going away, not many classes dictate them now days may be killing sales.
God I hope so. It makes no sense nowadays.
Eric,

YOU DIDN'T THINK YOUR WAY THROUGH THIS ONE!! You are missing at least two points here - cost and the ability to combine porting and a physical workout thus eliminating gym fees.
DV
David Vizard Small Group Performance Seminars - held about every 2 months. My shop or yours. Contact for seminar deails - davidvizardseminar@gmail.com for details.
af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 »

tt 383 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:52 pm Sorry, off topic but quick question about PT/RHS, What happened to those awesome 14 degree iron heads they had? Someone surely casting that I would hope...
I agree. That's why when I saw a set I drove 200 miles round trip to buy them. The guy threw a Kinsler injection in the deal to boot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GURU is only a name.
Adam
RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory »

David, has anything happened with this EQ head recently? Well, aside from sitting there because it's a heavy lump of cast iron :shock:
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

RevTheory wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:35 am David, has anything happened with this EQ head recently? Well, aside from sitting there because it's a heavy lump of cast iron :shock:
Dear Mr. Rev Theory esquire, (that's a grand title for a porter with grand potential)

Yes I have done a little more work on these but lets not forget that my recent brain surgery wiped out the best part of ten weeks of my life.

I am non-the-less keen to get back on to these heads to continue the excellent work you did.

DV
RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory »

As crazy as this may sound, I'd like another crack at them as I *think* I know where I got a little happy with the cutter, especially on the exhaust. I was porting for 500hp nitrous shot, yeah, that's it :lol:

I do have a question regarding the DC if you get a chance. What about that port allowed the DC to only drop that far? All the other ports we messed with seemed to dip to ~.6, give-or-take. The original casting was obviously top-notch.
rapidride2
HotPass
HotPass

Post by rapidride2 »

Any updates on this build?
cv67
Guru
Guru

Post by cv67 »

Had no idea, whats a set of bare bbc or sbc heads run these days?