Single roller timing chain

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

RWILLIAMS
Single roller timing chain

Post by RWILLIAMS »

Does anyone know the part no for single roller timing set to fit older sbc. I've got one on race car now but forgot what it's off off. I bought a cloyes 9- 1157 but it fits roller cam not old style engines imagine my surprise when I tried to bolt it on. It's dum ass here's fault as I didn't pay attention to what it was for i got it cheap brand new 50$ on line .I think the chain set comes off a van or something. My machinist got me the other one and my cheap as was trying to save money Lol thanks.
chevyfreak
Pro
Pro

Re: Single roller timing chain

Post by chevyfreak »

Check out cloyes c-3055.
Think it is the one you're looking for.

Chevyfreak.
Bowtie for life
RWILLIAMS

Post by RWILLIAMS »

That's it a friend of mine saw a hp increase on dyno over a double roller double rollers tend to stretch in my exp for years on my low buck oval track motors i just used regular style chain they don't seem to stretch as much i have a nearly new link style in it now ready to button up those single rollers are fairly cheap wrestling with going with it or buying single roller.
BOOT
Guru
Guru

Post by BOOT »

I've used the single roller on older sbc just cause it makes sense to me that one roller would maybe be smoother, plus LS use em but double roller sells! FYI I asked long ago n was told in an email you can use that cloyes 9-1157 lower adjustable gear will work with the c-3005 upper. Unless that set can be returned or you wanna adj by another means.
Channel About My diy Projects & Reviews https://www.youtube.com/c/BOOTdiy

I know as much as I can learn and try to keep an open mind to anything!

If I didn't overthink stuff I wouldn't be on speedtalk!
RWILLIAMS

Post by RWILLIAMS »

Didn't think about that might be what I do and would still have a single roller to fit my 1996 truck thanks.
jake197000
Expert
Expert

Post by jake197000 »

dont they make cheep roller chains that are not a true roller but just apin between links ?
BOOT
Guru
Guru

Post by BOOT »

jake197000 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:22 am dont they make cheep roller chains that are not a true roller but just apin between links ?
Just searched this thread for the part number(not C-3005, link style) but... Both the part numbers(C-3055 & 9-1157) are true roller sets. The rollers spin on the sets I've had or I wouldn't of used them and bout to order another C-3055(ugh just noticed I miss-typed it in my earlier reply, C-3055 not c-3005).
Channel About My diy Projects & Reviews https://www.youtube.com/c/BOOTdiy

I know as much as I can learn and try to keep an open mind to anything!

If I didn't overthink stuff I wouldn't be on speedtalk!
gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket »

Be careful of the cloyes street single roller sets..total junk!

Found out when trying to degree the cam..the chain was way off every other checking point,,threw me for a loop, so I measured between the links and found a big difference on one section..no name chain

Called them and they said chuck it in the garbage, they sent a complete new race single roller..it was good