General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

bigfoot584
Pro
Pro

Re: REC Seminar content'

Post by bigfoot584 »

David Vizard wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:54 pm
Dragsinger wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:21 pm Is the cam program available for sale without attendance?
Yes,
Go to our web site davidvizardperformanceseminars.com and contact Marvin on:- PHONE : 865-850-0666 or
E-MAIL :- MARVINGVX@GMAIL.COM

Tell him you are an ST memeber and you could be inline for a sizable discount.
DV
I purchased it off the web site, curious about it, wanted to see what it would do, but was
never able to get it to work it has some page pop up where you need to enter a sales order
number then hit done, but nothing happened after that it just sitting on a memory on my
desk now, kinda dissappointed.
PRH
Guru
Guru

Post by PRH »

I think a better way to illustrate the velocity at lash point would be to start just at the point of lifter rise and measure the lift per degree from that point to a point a few degrees after the lash point........ and compare the curves between the two cams that way.

I’m not a cam lobe designer, but it would seem whichever cam has less change in lift per degree at the lash point and slightly beyond, would be the one with less jerk.
Somewhat handy with a die grinder.
RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory »

bigfoot584 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:08 pm
Dragsinger wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:21 pm Is the cam program available for sale without attendance?
Yes,
Go to our web site davidvizardperformanceseminars.com and contact Marvin on:- PHONE : 865-850-0666 or

DV
I purchased it off the web site, curious about it, wanted to see what it would do, but was
never able to get it to work it has some page pop up where you need to enter a sales order
number then hit done, but nothing happened after that it just sitting on a memory on my
It's a bit of a struggle getting the guy handling that end of things to take care of business.
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

RevTheory wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:23 pm

Yes,

DV
It's a bit of a struggle getting the guy handling that end of things to take care of business.
Rev,

I just PM'ed Bigfoot about sorting this out. I will personally see he gets all up and running as should be the case.
DV
David Vizard Small Group Performance Seminars - held about every 2 months. My shop or yours. Contact for seminar deails - davidvizardseminar@gmail.com for details.
RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory »

You ever walk away from the computer regretting hitting the submit button on a thread? Yeah, I just did that.

Back to pushrods, spintrons and REC lectures :D
Stan Weiss
Vendor

Post by Stan Weiss »

Yes,

DV
If you email me a print screen of the validation screen along with your email address I will email you back the needed UNLOCK CODE.

Stan Weiss <srweiss1@comcast.net>

Stan
Stan Weiss/World Wide Enterprises
Offering Performance Software Since 1987
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/carfor.htm
David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

Yes,

DV
The way these guys are locking these programs down now days makes it hard to activate and or reactivate... I have CI and early version of Pipe Max and can't use them without having to send a code to reactivate.
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
Stan Weiss
Vendor

Post by Stan Weiss »

GARY C wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:09 pm

Yes,

DV
The way these guys are locking these programs down now days makes it hard to activate and or reactivate... I have CI and early version of Pipe Max and can't use them without having to send a code to reactivate.
Gary,
I can no say about other programs but TMC (or FLOW or my program CARFOR) if install and activated on you computer doesn't need to be reactivated when a new / updated version is sent.

Stan
Stan Weiss/World Wide Enterprises
Offering Performance Software Since 1987
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/carfor.htm
David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

Stan Weiss wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:20 pm

Gary,
I can no say about other programs but TMC (or FLOW or my program CARFOR) if install and activated on you computer doesn't need to be reactivated when a new / updated version is sent.

Stan
Yes the original FLOW program of Davids that you sent still works fine, I don't recall any install trouble (Windows 8.1), just speaking in general of modern programs people are putting out there and the difficulty some may encounter.

EDIT! I will add that all the ones I have dealt with require an unlock code as you have offered which is par for the course and understandable.
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
Gregory

Post by Gregory »

The Race Engine Challenge and Technical Engine Conference has been expanded and now runs from
Monday September 16th thru Saturday September 21st.
Revised ticket pricing on the web page.
THE STAFF
www.RaceEngineChallenge.com

bigfoot584
Pro
Pro

Post by bigfoot584 »

Stan Weiss wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:29 pm

Yes,

DV
If you email me a print screen of the validation screen along with your email address I will email you back the needed UNLOCK CODE.

Stan Weiss <srweiss1@comcast.net>

Stan
Thanks Stan, it's up and running, DV I won't be calling, Thank for the offer to help.
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

Bigfoot,

Glad you are up and running. Let us have your thoughts on the program when you are done.
DV
David Vizard Small Group Performance Seminars - held about every 2 months. My shop or yours. Contact for seminar deails - davidvizardseminar@gmail.com for details.
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

justanothermelvin wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:09 am
Controlled Induction program updates install and run without any code reactivation. Upgrading to another program does require an initial code.
I have had so many updates to fix problems with that program that I no longer know which one to use... I have at least 5 different versions since the original... Don't get me started on that!
Please Note!
bigfoot584
Pro
Pro

Post by bigfoot584 »

GARY C wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:10 am
Controlled Induction program updates install and run without any code reactivation. Upgrading to another program does require an initial code.
I have had so many updates to fix problems with that program that I no longer know which one to use... I have at least 5 different versions since the original... Don't get me started on that!
X2, and because of that I just don't feel comfortable with it's outputs.
I have much better experience with Performance Trends EA program
and DV's 128 formula.
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

bigfoot584 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:37 am
GARY C wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:10 am

X2, and because of that I just don't feel comfortable with it's outputs.
I have much better experience with Performance Trends EA program
and DV's 128 formula.
Yes it seemed that regardless of how complicated the entry got it never gave you a different cam selection and in regards to a SBC you could use DV's 128 or his 90's version of cam masters to end up with the same cam. Now CI want info that most people don't have so that it can give you the same cam you would have got in it's original form???
Please Note!