Spring Tester that made life easier

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

SpeierRacingHeads
Vendor

Spring Tester that made life easier

Post by SpeierRacingHeads »

This made my life so much easier so I want to share it. Takes all of 5 minutes to check all 16 springs. Enter install height and lift. Spits out coil bind and pressure at install and open. There are a few option for come up with whatever your looking for. Not cheap. But simply amazing.

Speier Racing Heads
Chad Speier
785-623-0963
fdicrasto
Expert
Expert
Re: Spring Tester that made life easier

Post by fdicrasto »

Pretty slick. I won't ask the obvious question.
Carnut1
Guru
Guru

Post by Carnut1 »

fdicrasto wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:30 pm Pretty slick. I won't ask the obvious question.
If you have to ask...
Servedio Cylinder Head Development
631-816-4911
9:00am - 9:00pm EST
SpeierRacingHeads
Vendor

$1800 For me, worth every penny.
Speier Racing Heads
Chad Speier
785-623-0963
big

Post by big »

what is the brand name of the tester
SpeierRacingHeads
Vendor

big wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:45 pm what is the brand name of the tester
Buxton Engineering
Speier Racing Heads
Chad Speier
785-623-0963
steve cowan
Guru
Guru

Post by steve cowan »

SpeierRacingHeads wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:43 pm $1800 For me, worth every penny.
I paid $1200 au for my Rimac 10 years ago here in Australia so $1800 is very reasonable, amazing piece of equipment by the looks of it :D
steve c
"Pretty don't make power"
hoodeng
HotPass
HotPass

Post by hoodeng »

Same as Steve, i bought my Rimac digital years ago,the only thing i changed was remove the original battery pack and replace it with a rechargeable sealed battery and have had great service from it,,although i have been sniffing around a 'Performance Trends' for a while [for the printout capability], this one looks to be another worthy option,,,and very tidy!

Cheers.
SpeierRacingHeads
Vendor

I used Rimac for years. This was the Buxton I had before the one posted. It went to Australia. :)

Speier Racing Heads
Chad Speier
785-623-0963
hoodeng
HotPass
HotPass

Post by hoodeng »

It is very nice stuff that is for sure .I think what was putting me down the other path at the time was the computer interface and printout capability. [Which is an option for the Buxton at a reasonable cost].
The reason for this is that some years back our pro stock m/c springs used to come in a box with the springs specs print out tucked in the spring, the manufacturer of this engine preferred if we used as close as possible matched springs in operation.

Also i see a niche market for testing other peoples springs and giving a test result printout tucked in each, [for a nominal fee of course!]

Cheers.
SpeierRacingHeads
Vendor

hoodeng wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:39 pm It is very nice stuff that is for sure .I think what was putting me down the other path at the time was the computer interface and printout capability. [Which is an option for the Buxton at a reasonable cost].
The reason for this is that some years back our pro stock m/c springs used to come in a box with the springs specs print out tucked in the spring, the manufacturer of this engine preferred if we used as close as possible matched springs in operation.

Also i see a niche market for testing other peoples springs and giving a test result printout tucked in each, [for a nominal fee of course!]

Cheers.
Personally I will never ever have a tester hooked to a computer. Way over the top, IMO.
Speier Racing Heads
Chad Speier
785-623-0963
hoodeng
HotPass
HotPass

Post by hoodeng »

I understand your concern regarding hooking things up that are unnecessary, and if you are only going to use it in house it would be a unwaranted cost.

The reason i would go down this path is for the printout feature as a report card with each spring. In time past we were customers for this information in p/s. Each box of 16 had them and i am sure we were paying in the spring invoice for the information.

Cheers.
1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm »

That is a pretty slick unit. :D
Dave Koehler
Vendor

Post by Dave Koehler »

SpeierRacingHeads wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:04 pm
hoodeng wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:39 pm It is very nice stuff that is for sure .I think what was putting me down the other path at the time was the computer interface and printout capability. [Which is an option for the Buxton at a reasonable cost].

Cheers.
Personally I will never ever have a tester hooked to a computer. Way over the top, IMO.
The logging testers are not really over the top.
They simply offer more information and is something you have to work with to appreciate their value.
Not that yours isn't cool because it is.
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Enderle Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."
SpeierRacingHeads
Vendor

Dave Koehler wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:56 pm
SpeierRacingHeads wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:04 pm

Cheers.
The logging testers are not really over the top.
They simply offer more information and is something you have to work with to appreciate their value.
Not that yours isn't cool because it is.

This one will do all that when it's hooked to a PC.

Having data with loads from seat height to bind on paper might be useful.
Speier Racing Heads
Chad Speier
785-623-0963