Intake manifold air flow quality

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Bara

Intake manifold air flow quality

Post by Bara »

Would anyone have any test data on the flow quality through the 90/05 style intake manifolds? Data on any year would be welcome.

I'd also appreciate any thoughts on the quality of the Mazda design.
modok
Guru
Guru
Re: Intake manifold air flow quality

Post by modok »

It might help if you put the engine in question in the title.

I THINK you mean mazda B engines, but not really sure, whats 90/05 mean?
mag2555
Guru
Guru
Location: Heading for a bang up with Andromeda as we all are.

Post by mag2555 »

You can likely answer a good portion of your questions yourself.
If you have the head and Intake from the motor in your post then get a set of expanding inside snap gauges and a cheap plastic dial caliper.
Take yourself some size measurements of the heads runner every 3/4" in along and do the same for the Manifold runners and you should get a good picture of where the choke points are.

A basic rule of Thumb is that any of the Manifold runners that have any line of sight going on with the heads ports will have a good amount more Intake flow taking place then others that do not have such!
You can cut a man's tongue from his mouth, but that does not mean he’s a liar, it just shows that you fear the truth he might speak about you!
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

Bara wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:00 am Would anyone have any test data on the flow quality through the 90/05 style intake manifolds? Data on any year would be welcome.

I'd also appreciate any thoughts on the quality of the Mazda design.
https://www.flyinmiata.com/skunk2-ultra ... ifold.html

From the dyno charts you might be able to infer the level of the OEM design. As others have mentioned, you need to be more specific.
https://www.semasan.com/breaking-news-archives?utm_campaign=DrivingForce_DF272&utm_content=SeeAllLeg