More budget SBC stuff

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

SpeierRacingHeads
Vendor

Re: More budget SBC stuff

Post by SpeierRacingHeads »

DANG on the Camaro!! I've always wondered to myself if that stuff happens. Guess so! LOL

I used the Comp 280XFI H13 cam and a set of Delphi lifters.

http://www.compcams.com/Company/CC/cam- ... d=209&sb=0
Speier Racing Heads
Chad Speier
785-623-0963
SpeierRacingHeads
Vendor

Post by SpeierRacingHeads »

Rick Jones wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:02 pm I GOT OUT THE BUDGET SOFTWARE FOR THE BUDGET BUILD!

HYDRAULIC ROLLER
QC350ROLLERST.png

HYDRAULIC .842" DIAMETER FLAT TAPPET CAM
QC350ST.png

TAKE YOUR PICK.
Rick, where can I buy a copy of quick cam? I have the old black screen program and the newer one, but the quick cam is what I need!

BTW, I use the older black screen program daily!

PS, I see above from Larry...
Speier Racing Heads
Chad Speier
785-623-0963
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

NewbVetteGuy wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:43 pm
SpeierRacingHeads wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:38 pm I think I agree with this! The engine I have in the IROC is alot like this engine. Except it has a mini-ram on it. 230/236 TPI cam

I think it's a beast to the 1-2.. 2-3 is a little soft, but I'm fixing that! :)

Somehow I knew before I clicked on that video it was going to have over 6,000RPM shift points given that it's yours Chad and the mini-ram! lol!
1-2 @ 6,750ish -what's the seat-to-seat on the cam? 290ish?

Love seeing that thing wind through the RPM that quickly.

My dad had a $105,000, white 3rd Gen Camaro when I was growing up (87 Iroc).
(The cocaine that the previous owner had hidden in the floor and door panels were $100k of that value, but I'm going to count it...) :D

After he sold it on, some cops came to the house and started asking questions, "Were you the previous owner of this car?" "Yep." "What would you say if we told you that we found $100k worth of cocaine packed under the carpeting and in the doors?" "I'd say I sold it WAY too cheap!" -LMAO.

The guy my dad sold it to had to replace the heater core when it started leaking and peeled back the carpeting and then called the cops.

Adam
Kind of like one of Rabbits storys on Vin Wiki.
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
TurboDog

Post by TurboDog »

Budget and pre-roller cam SBC? I'd go straight to a set of brand new GM Vortecs, An Eddy Performer RPM Q-jet manifold, and a Comp XE 262.. 1.625x3" collector long tubes exhaust that breathes, and it'll be a STRONG runner.
Get the quench tight, no more than .040" a set of KB or Speed pro flat tops and call it a day..

With a well tuned Q-jet and especially if You go with one of the 4 speed manuals, it should have zero problems knocking down 18+ mpg's and run 13's easy peasy.