Oil galley fitting

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

1972ho
Guru
Guru
Re: Oil galley fitting

Post by 1972ho »

Wow unbelievable I just wonder why,when you torque the bolts down the caps should not come loose.I guess I’ll have to try a little heat to see if it will come loose.
1972ho
Guru
Guru

Post by 1972ho »

Wow,wow that’s what it was some type of really hard stuff but when I applied heat to it it decided to let go.
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

1972ho wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:56 pm Wow,wow that’s what it was some type of really hard stuff but when I applied heat to it it decided to let go.
Be a good idea to replace those studs now. Necessary evil to remove them and not damage the block.
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
Warp Speed
Guru
Guru

Post by Warp Speed »

1972ho wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:03 am Wow unbelievable I just wonder why,when you torque the bolts down the caps should not come loose.I guess I’ll have to try a little heat to see if it will come loose.
Its fairly common to use red loctite, or even jb weld to hold studs in a race engine that goes through many rebuulds in a season.
1972ho
Guru
Guru

Post by 1972ho »

This stuff that holding these studs in was white looking as the heat was applied some it was left on the threads.Ill have to make sure when I buy lock tight it’s not white.Im mean these studs where in so tight I thought they where welded in I thought I was going to break one if I would have continued trying to break them loose.Thanks Kevin for your insight it saved me some grief.