BBC heads machining

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

prairiehotrodder
Guru
Guru

BBC heads machining

Post by prairiehotrodder »

I'm preparing another low buck 454 with some oval port heads. Wondering what the tool is called or whats the proper way to cut in seats for larger valves ? In the past i've had them bowl - hogged if thats the right term. I need to know going into the machine shop what i'm talking about. Also wondering about the correct procedure for installing 11/32 valves. Do you install completely new guides or just bronze liners in the existing guides ? And also how long of valves should i buy ? And whats the best deal for valves ? Hoping to run a .600 lift solid flat tappet.
Brian
The Word of God is quick and powerfull
www.therocketshop.blogspot.com
Carnut1
Guru
Guru

Re: BBC heads machining

Post by Carnut1 »

Vortec pro has a very good Youtube channel on bbc heads. He gets excellent power out of worked up Chevy iron that most guys throw away.
Servedio Cylinder Head Development
631-816-4911
9:00am - 9:00pm EST
PRH
Guru
Guru

Post by PRH »

To be blunt....... if the machine shop needs more instruction than just being told to put in bigger valves and 11/32 guides........ you might need to look for a different shop.
Somewhat handy with a die grinder.
prairiehotrodder
Guru
Guru

Post by prairiehotrodder »

plans changed in the last 2 hours. I bought some 990 rectangle port heads. Don't have them yet but i will see what they need when they get here.
The Word of God is quick and powerfull
www.therocketshop.blogspot.com