GRTfast
Guru
Guru
Re: Improved engine throttle responce

Post by GRTfast »

F-BIRD'88 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:39 pm https://thompsonperformance.com

PowerBlast Plate

Anyone tried this? .....
I haven't, but they claim it makes more horsepower. I can't see how atomizing the accel pump shot has anything to do with the power an engine makes at full throttle. Seems like snake oil to me. I wasn't willing to drop the $$ to find out.
Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. -Hitchens
77cruiser
Guru
Guru

Post by 77cruiser »

Jim
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Post by midnightbluS10 »

GRTfast wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:52 pm
F-BIRD'88 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:39 pm https://thompsonperformance.com

PowerBlast Plate

Anyone tried this? .....
I haven't, but they claim it makes more horsepower. I can't see how atomizing the accel pump shot has anything to do with the power an engine makes at full throttle. Seems like snake oil to me. I wasn't willing to drop the $$ to find out.
Make your own. It's just a piece of metal used to break up the stream. Like spraying a water hose on a window. The water spreads out into smaller droplets. Same thing here, it seems like. You could easily cut out a piece of thin sheetmetal, bend to shape, and put over the nozzles. Presto!
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING
F-BIRD'88
Guru
Guru

Post by F-BIRD'88 »

It may also function as a shooter antipullover device and or
Effect fuel distribution in the manifold which can improve wot power if needed.
Carnut1
Guru
Guru

Post by Carnut1 »

1982 in my votec electronics class I had a buddy named Smitty with a 340 Cuda and a 750 Holly dp. I remember the 4 squirts of fuel and I thought, "Is that really the best way to do that?" I checked out the pump shot jet setup on my one barrel Holley in my 1968 4 banger International Scout and out of another carb I changed it to squirt more of a mist but made no difference that my butt could feel.
Servedio Cylinder Head Development
631-816-4911
9:00am - 9:00pm EST
Elroy
Pro
Pro

Post by Elroy »

Another great product for the "pulls harder" "revs faster" "spins further" crowd!! Butt dyno enthusiasts worldwide must be ecstatic about this great product! :lol:
Tuner
Guru
Guru

Post by Tuner »

Some Rochester 4Jet carbs for early-mid '60s Chevys have four accelerator pump discharge streams, two in each primary bore, one down the venturi that targets on the side of the booster and one that shoots nearly horizontal and sprays on the choke blade. Some Rochester B 1bbls for 216-235 Chevy have two streams, one hits the booster and the other aims down the bore avoiding the booster.
MadmanMark

Post by MadmanMark »

Imagine if you teamed this gizmo up with a Tornado! :mrgreen:
MadBill
Guru
Guru

Post by MadBill »

The Holley clip would be more convincing if they weren't blipping the throttle twice as far in Blaster mode. A throttle stop would be a pretty basic element of a meaningful demo...
Felix, qui potuit rerum cognscere causas.

Happy is he who can discover the cause of things.
lefty o
Guru
Guru

Post by lefty o »

MadmanMark wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:15 pm Imagine if you teamed this gizmo up with a Tornado! :mrgreen:
you'd need a G suit. :notworthy:
GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Post by GRTfast »

MadmanMark wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:15 pm Imagine if you teamed this gizmo up with a Tornado! :mrgreen:
The car will gain 100hp and get so much better mileage that it will actually make gas... but wait, there’s more!!!!

:lol:
Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. -Hitchens
Circlotron
Guru
Guru

Post by Circlotron »

For a certain amount of time the accelerator pump shot is going to impinge on the back of the throttle blade anyway, then dribble across and leave at the edge. What was atomised becomes liquid again when it hits the throttle blade. Even what comes out of the booster venturi has this issue at part throttle, so I don't see it doing a lot of good while the throttle is in the way. At wide throttle openings, just maybe...
Geoff2
Guru
Guru

Post by Geoff2 »

The shear plate hangs over the edge of the venturi. Seems that might affect the smooth airflow into the venturi, cause turbulence & affect fuel metering from the booster.