Big power N/A LS engine discussion

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

swampbuggy
Guru
Guru

Re: Big power N/A LS engine discussion

Post by swampbuggy »

The video of the 400" prostock LS engine is awesome, it gives me chill bumps. Does anybody know the bore and stroke of that motor ?, or cubic inch limit ? Mark H.
prairiehotrodder
Guru
Guru

Post by prairiehotrodder »

Orr89rocz wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:01 am Again, there are well thought out smart turbo people and combos out there just like an na setup. Not everyone with forced induction is sloppy mechanics.
Thats true.

The thing i notice at my track is their are regular racers who show up race after race and pay their fees and are dedicated, committed, and community racers who even show up on track work bee days. Lots of older guys but some young guys as well. They are the bracket racers that make the sport happen. The turbo LS guys show up once a year, break some stuff or put on a show (a good thing) and then don't see them again untill next year. What i'm trying to figure out is if the LS could make a big power NA bracket combo thats reliable and cheaper than a SBC at the 750 + hp level. Like have you seen one is a Super Pro dragster ??? I haven't, but why not ? Could be a good option. Again if you don't need an aftermarket block and heads to reach that power level would be a huge savings.
Brian

looks like i'll have to build one to find out . :D
The Word of God is quick and powerfull
www.therocketshop.blogspot.com
Orr89rocz
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Orr89rocz »

Idk but they have to be reliable. My buddy has been beating his lsx blocked turbo combo in the 1800-1900 hp range for several years and doesnt touch a thing cept lash every now and then. When it has been torn down everything looked fine.

750 ish hp na should be a walk in the park for a good built one
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Post by midnightbluS10 »

swampbuggy wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:26 am The video of the 400" prostock LS engine is awesome, it gives me chill bumps. Does anybody know the bore and stroke of that motor ?, or cubic inch limit ? Mark H.
400ci limit. 4.200"x3.600". 8.8" deck height instead of the traditional LS height of 9.24"

https://www.enginelabs.com/news/video-1 ... ck-engine/

The LS that Greg Hogue aka Comp461 was working on was pretty good, IIRC. He posted about it here a few times. Had Edelbrock heads instead of Dart heads used on the previously posted engine. Don't remember exact specs, though. There's another thread on yellowbullet about it, also.
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING