Porting a Dart Kool Can intake

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

camaro/holland
Porting a Dart Kool Can intake

Post by camaro/holland »

This is a less common version of the Air Gap, shortly produced by Dart.

Looking for tips and opinions how to improve flow.
Any input appreciate, thank you.

BOOT
Guru
Guru

Re: Porting a Dart Kool Can intake

Post by BOOT »

They still make it, just call it the SHP now

Sell it and buy an eddy rpm air gap think the plemum is larger and I deff rem the runners(not ports/flange openings) are a bit larger. Dart 6000rpm, Eddy 6500rpm

Just check the intake bolt holes on the eddy so they don't bind and distort the flange I have fixed 3 but supposedly eddy improved their intake quality on some not too long ago.

Otherwise just a basic clean up
Channel About My diy Projects & Reviews https://www.youtube.com/c/BOOTdiy

I know as much as I can learn and try to keep an open mind to anything!

If I didn't overthink stuff I wouldn't be on speedtalk!
Carnut1
Guru
Guru

Post by Carnut1 »

BOOT wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:22 pm They still make it, just call it the SHP now

Sell it and buy an eddy rpm air gap think the plemum is larger and I deff rem the runners(not ports/flange openings) are a bit larger. Dart 6000rpm, Eddy 6500rpm

Just check the intake bolt holes on the eddy so they don't bind and distort the flange I have fixed 3 but supposedly eddy improved their intake quality on some not too long ago.

Otherwise just a basic clean up
If you want a larger plenum the Weiand Air strike has a much larger plenum. Fyi, Why sell it? It probably flows nearly the same as the eddie, was probably cast by them too. If you don't need more than about 230 cfm (a guess) it will work. A basic cleanup may add a few cfm. It looks like a solid design to me.
Servedio Cylinder Head Development
631-816-4911
9:00am - 9:00pm EST
BOOT
Guru
Guru

Post by BOOT »

Nothing wrong with the SHP, I just figured if he wants to port a dual plane, then why not start with one larger already since porting a dual plane is not ideal for most. My opinion is the weiand has a larger plenum to compensate for not having the divider cut out and also is a good intake.

Dart claims eddy copied their design so I don't think that would be the case. Still side by side the runner paths are a bit diff, not a lot but it made a diff on my dist vac can getting in the way.

I based my response on his desire to port the intake and nothing else provided, no clue what he has or what intake would work best for him.
Channel About My diy Projects & Reviews https://www.youtube.com/c/BOOTdiy

I know as much as I can learn and try to keep an open mind to anything!

If I didn't overthink stuff I wouldn't be on speedtalk!
camaro/holland

Post by camaro/holland »

Will try what I've got first. Must say that the Stealth also looks promising. Or maybe a Holley 300-36 whatever I can get my hands on first.