High ratio Jesel etc rockers-1.9 to 2.0-on a SB Chev 23 degree head

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

compguy

High ratio Jesel etc rockers-1.9 to 2.0-on a SB Chev 23 degree head

Post by compguy »

Hi Guys,
Has anyone installed Jesel Pro Series shaft rockers in the neighborhood of 1.9 to 2.0 ratio on a 23 degree SB Bowtie Vortec iron head?
I believe someone on this board has installed 1.9 ratio Jesels on a 23 degree SB Chev iron head and said it was some work getting them to fit.
Can it be done with 2.0 ratio? or is that asking too much ratio for these heads? Its for a lower lobe lift cam (flat tappet) deal similar to Cup engines from 4 or 5 years ago when they ran big ratio rockers and flat tappets.
Cam is 55mm, tool steel, nitrided, Trend tool steel lifters with DLC coating. Cant recall right now if they have the EDM hole. Will have to have a new cam obviously going up to the high ratio. High end engine. Looking for more rpm. Lift at valve with current setup is under 0.800", and has seen 9300rpm so far.
JoePorting
Guru
Guru

Re: High ratio Jesel etc rockers-1.9 to 2.0-on a SB Chev 23 degree head

Post by JoePorting »

Have you called Jesel to see if they can even make them?
Joe Facciano
Arthur

Post by Arthur »

Comp Engines in SA may be able to assist you..
compguy

Post by compguy »

Joe, Jesel guy said a while back they 'may' be able to.

Am really looking for someone who has actually done it and what was involved to get the geometry correct...

Arthur, I would only use T&D or Jesel, not an engine shop as they don't build their own Jesels or T&D's.

I doing this deal for a buddy and trying to see what is involved before I start..

So back to original question, anyone on here actually installed 1.9 or 2.0 rockers on a 23 degree SBC?
Warp Speed
Guru
Guru

Post by Warp Speed »

compguy wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:41 am Joe, Jesel guy said a while back they 'may' be able to.

Am really looking for someone who has actually done it and what was involved to get the geometry correct...

Arthur, I would only use T&D or Jesel, not an engine shop as they don't build their own Jesels or T&D's.

I doing this deal for a buddy and trying to see what is involved before I start..

So back to original question, anyone on here actually installed 1.9 or 2.0 rockers on a 23 degree SBC?
I did 1.9s on a 23* head 15+ years ago. I used T&D, and the head was an edelbrock raised runner Chapman head. Roller cam for a super late model deal.
WeingartnerRacing
Expert
Expert

Post by WeingartnerRacing »

I did 1.9 ratio rockers on my 2008emc engine. They were dart pro 1 platinum. Jesel made them fit like a charm. Used 1.85 ratio in 2009emc. Couldn’t go more because I had a .750 offset.
Eric Weingartner
Weingartner Racing LLC
918-520-3480
www.wengines.com
compguy

Post by compguy »

PM's sent, thanks Warp Speed & WiengartnerRacing.
WeingartnerRacing
Expert
Expert

Post by WeingartnerRacing »

Pm sent.
Eric Weingartner
Weingartner Racing LLC
918-520-3480
www.wengines.com
JoePorting
Guru
Guru

Post by JoePorting »

Warp Speed wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:09 pm
compguy wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:41 am Joe, Jesel guy said a while back they 'may' be able to.

I did 1.9s on a 23* head 15+ years ago. I used T&D, and the head was an edelbrock raised runner Chapman head. Roller cam for a super late model deal.
Soooooo, what happened? Did they work better than 1.6 or 1.7 rockers??? Or was it a waste of time and money like I'm thinking.
Joe Facciano
Arthur

Post by Arthur »

Did you write the first sentence in your original post - if so I answered it- Read.
Warp Speed
Guru
Guru

Post by Warp Speed »

JoePorting wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:40 pm
Warp Speed wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:09 pm

Soooooo, what happened? Did they work better than 1.6 or 1.7 rockers??? Or was it a waste of time and money like I'm thinking.
Why would it be a waist of time and money?
3V Performance
Vendor

Post by 3V Performance »

I did 1.8's on a asphalt late model 358ci old school iron bowtie heads with a 2101 intake. 450hp deal. worth a few but not very much. .600 lift engine.
3V Performance
" ENGINES WITH AN ATTITUDE "
980-222-7230