General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

GARY C
HotPass
HotPass
Re: Under performing 357 sbc

Post by GARY C »

ClassAct wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:12 pm
GARY C wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:11 pm The tech info these days sounds like it's coming from politicians...

You need a fast slow port with slow fast gental sharp radius's with good cfm that doesn't flow through a big small valve with a critically sized ports right between 150 and 300 cc should get the job done without fail... if you have the correct solid hydrophilic flat tappet roller minimum full travel cam with shaft stud rockers with 0 W 10/15 30/40/50 mineral synthetic used new oil.

Hi, I am Gary C and I approve this message... Maybe.

You're in rare for today Gary.
Tim and I have a lot in common... :
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
PRH
Guru
Guru

Post by PRH »

If we’re talking about generalities.........

I generally find the motor is easier to get good power out of, and the car will be easier to get good et’s out of it the heads have flow numbers that are pretty good/high in relation to the runner volume, as opposed to runners that are a little big for what they flow.

In the OP’s combo, I’d expect better power out of a 210cc head that flowed 290, than a 235cc head that flowed the same.

If it were 100 cubes bigger, it would be easier to get the added volume/area of the 235cc head to pay some dividends.
Somewhat handy with a die grinder.
levisnteeshirt
Guru
Guru

Post by levisnteeshirt »

A car that light , tire that tall , motor that small , it needs to wind ,, it's not doing especially bad at the moment with those heads , contrary to popular belief a 350 will not explode at 8500-9000 , if it has better than mediocre bottom end parts ,, more gear , more cam , more converter if your looking for real increases ,,,. Borrow a pair of 29.5-11 or 13 slicks and see what it does ,,, that cam isn't much more than what a pump gas engine gets nowadays
levisnteeshirt
Guru
Guru

Post by levisnteeshirt »

Heat shouldn't effect e85 as bad as gas ,, it could be lean ,, where do you get your e85 ? How much timing is in it