Re: Senate Bill on Racing

Post by BradH »

Done (VA)
stealth
Guru
Guru

Post by stealth »

Click link ...it sends email for you to respective politicians for your zip code...

Takes literally 30 seconds...sent mine

Step up and get involved.....seriously 30 seconds of your time
gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket »

Stan Weiss wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:22 am
CamKing wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:06 am
mk e wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:07 am .that's for clarifying where you've decide to take the forum.
I decided to make sure Speed-Talk is the #1 Performance and Racing tech forum.
Supporting the Industry is a big part of that.
It's not political. It's business
Would not this thread then better service that purpose if it was in the General Engine Tech section? That way non members who come to read the forums will see be able to see it also.

Stan
👍
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Post by midnightbluS10 »

I would also suggest joining the SEMA Action Network(SAN) to keep up with everything that's going on.

https://www.semasan.com/

https://www.sema.org/sema-news/2010/05/ ... on-network
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING
Belgian1979
Guru
Guru

Post by Belgian1979 »

Everywhere an attack is being undertaken on our hobbies/jobs. I wonder how far they can take it.

Hopefully this will bite them in the a$$ when everybody actually leaves their cars standing and the industry collapses altogether. :evil:
68post

Post by 68post »

Dave Koehler wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:09 pm Put your 2 cents in with your reps wherever you can.

https://performanceracing.com/news/rpm- ... tter+V3N43
I sent mine off yesterday and received an email back from my senator ,(automated response). Every little bit helps !
Tom Walker
Pro
Pro

Post by Tom Walker »

Sent mine, appreciate the link.
tresi
Pro
Pro

Post by tresi »

I got an automated response in about 6 hrs and 2 days later I haven't got one from the other senator. This is about the same response it got with other issues though it was flip flopped which senator replied 1st. I'm sure the other senator will reply soon. On other issues after the auto reply I received an actual letter from senator Jerry Moran so it does help to write.
Truckedup
Guru
Guru

Post by Truckedup »

I live in NY and got this response from Democrat Senatoe Schumer.
Thank you for contacting me to express your support for the Recognizing the Protection of Motorsports Act. I agree that a balance must be struck between the rights of hobbyists and the need to protect the environment.

The Clean Air Act of 1970 regulates emissions of all motor vehicles through the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). The Clean Air Act exempts vehicles built exclusively for the purpose of racing from emission efficiency requirements but that exemption does not include motor vehicles that have been adapted by owners from other purposes to a race-only vehicle. Senator Richard Burr introduced the Recognizing the Protection of Motorsports Act to amend the Clean Air Act to create a new exemption for emissions regulations which would apply to vehicles modified into vehicles used solely for racing. This bill is currently being reviewed by the Environment and Public Works Committee and I will closely monitor this legislation as it makes its way through the Senate.

Again, thank you for contacting me. Please keep in touch with your thoughts and opinions.

Sincerely,

Charles E. Schumer

United States Senator
Motorcycle land speed racing... wearing animal hides and clinging to vibrating oily machines propelled by fire
Dave Koehler
Vendor

Post by Dave Koehler »

Dang, they all use the same form letter. whodathunk
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Enderle Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."
MadBill
Guru
Guru

Post by MadBill »

Seems like the basic issue is the failure to recognise that a vehicle modified from street legal to non-street legal race car is no longer serving as a transportation device and thus is not contributing to that element of climate change. I.e., if it is replaced at all for that purpose, it is must be with an emissions-compliant vehicle. The fact that a particular race car was born from a V.I.N.-equipped doner rather than a pile of chrome moly tubing is irrelevant.
Felix, qui potuit rerum cognscere causas.

Happy is he who can discover the cause of things.
Truckedup
Guru
Guru

Post by Truckedup »

MadBill wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:17 pm Seems like the basic issue is the failure to recognise that a vehicle modified from street legal to non-street legal race car is no longer serving as a transportation device and thus is not contributing to that element of climate change. I.e., if it is replaced at all for that purpose, it is must be with an emissions-compliant vehicle. The fact that a particular race car was born from a V.I.N.-equipped doner rather than a pile of chrome moly tubing is irrelevant.
The letter I got posted from Sen Schumer says Sen a Senator Burr is looking into the exception on this from the EPA ...You may want to take action and write to Sen Burr to see what he is doing..Talk without action goes nowhere in my opinion..
Motorcycle land speed racing... wearing animal hides and clinging to vibrating oily machines propelled by fire
Dave Koehler
Vendor

Post by Dave Koehler »

Got to thinking. Since this President likes job creation and dislikes hobbling industry I sent a note on this to the White House.
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Enderle Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."
emsvitil
Pro
Pro

Post by emsvitil »

If the president likes something, the democrats will automatically oppose it...................
Ed