What happened to propane and CNG

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

cjperformance
Guru
Guru

Re: What happened to propane and CNG

Post by cjperformance »

Over here, Australia (south australia) we are currently paying around $1.50(varies by .25c/L either way on a regular basis)/Liter for our 91 ron base grade crap.
We pay around $0.69 /$0.90 / L for LPG.
On the average 6 cylinder family car here you could expect aprox 13L/100km around town on petrol/gasoline and around 18L/100km on LPG , its still worthwhile on these vehicles. It depends greatly vehicle to vehicle of course but in most cases here "daily" running costs are still cheaper disregarding conversion costs etc.
Craig.
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass
Re: What happened to propane and CNG

Post by GARY C »

dfarr67 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:45 am These fuels may still be popular in other regions but I haven't seen much use since the 90's. Has fuel injection negated the economy of converting or purchasing a CNG vehicle?
After 20 years I asked my Propane guy why he uses a diesel trucks for his Propane business, his reply, "Less problems and they last longer"

There just hasn't been as much development surrounding that need. I think there should be it's probably the best and most under used alternative fuel.
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!