what about head porting on 6.0???

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Antth

what about head porting on 6.0???

Post by Antth »

I am new here and also new to diesel hot rodding. I am going to do a head gasket and stud replacement soon and was wondering if while the heads were off I should get a light port job and gasket match. I use this truck to pull my race car and a few cross country hauls. My main question is if port work on the heads, intake, and exhaust manifolds would yield any negative effects on the hauling. I have a tune from Cale at BTS. I am very pleased with their shop. I am not planning to upgrade the turbo or injectors. The cost of the porting is not a factor b/c my drag car porter is very reasonable and very very good. Thanks for any advice.
mdabbott2009
Pro
Pro
Re: what about head porting on 6.0???

Post by mdabbott2009 »

When my dmax was apart I ported the exhaust side well should just say cleaned the bowl area and blended it little bit wish I would of did the intake side but...

Mine comes up on boost a lot faster then a few other trucks around town and sounds a lot different. I’m not sure if that’s from the porting?

When I did it I asked my machine shop guy and he said anything will help them. Idk if it’s because the exhaust flows better that it spool so much faster and it’s pretty efficient on fuel now
mdabbott2009
Pro
Pro

Post by mdabbott2009 »

Exhaust side
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Racer71
Pro
Pro

Post by Racer71 »

You’ll also wanna have some good hardened valve seats put in, almost every 6.0 I’ve pulled apart, close to 70 of them now, have had cracked exhaust valve seats.