Jesel BUSHING lifters!!

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

bob460
Expert
Expert

Jesel BUSHING lifters!!

Post by bob460 »

Jesel have decided to make a bushing lifter.

My question is why?, if they feel there needle bearing lifters are far superior, why go bushings? [-X

PackardV8
Guru
Guru

Re: Jesel BUSHING lifters!!

Post by PackardV8 »

bob460 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:37 pm Jesel have decided to make a bushing lifter.

My question is why?, if they feel there needle bearing lifters are far superior, why go bushings? [-X

Jesel had enough questions about why they don't offer bushing lifters, they knew they were losing sales. Because a seller never wins an argument with a customer, even when they're right and he's wrong. Sell them what they want to buy.
Jack Vines
Studebaker-Packard V8 Limited
Obsolete Engineering
swampbuggy
Guru
Guru

Post by swampbuggy »

Why ? because needles in a roller lifter is not the best option and prone to fail, and this is the same reason you do not see them between the the big end of a con-rod and its crank journal. Mark H.
bob460
Expert
Expert

Post by bob460 »

PackardV8 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:52 pm
bob460 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:37 pm Jesel have decided to make a bushing lifter.

Jesel had enough questions about why they don't offer bushing lifters, they knew they were losing sales. Because a seller never wins an argument with a customer, even when they're right and he's wrong. Sell them what they want to buy.
So adding cost to a lifter will increase there sales?
bob460
Expert
Expert

Post by bob460 »

swampbuggy wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:59 pm Why ? because needles in a roller lifter is not the best option and prone to fail, and this is the same reason you do not see them between the the big end of a con-rod and its crank journal. Mark H.
If that's the case why not go the "wedge style" lifters like the black mambas........no needle bearing/ no bushings.
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Post by midnightbluS10 »

Because the general public as a whole isn't that smart? You can't expect every person to know about every product available. Maybe they prefer Jesel over Morel? There's many reasons. <shrug>

Plus there's the whole "I'm a stubborn old man and what I use now still works fine so why change it" attitude. Or the "I know what I know and you can't tell me nothin!" attitude. No matter what you say, they'll never listen because they already think what they use is best and there's no changing their mind.
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Post by midnightbluS10 »

bob460 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:11 pm
PackardV8 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:52 pm

So adding cost to a lifter will increase there sales?
Either sell them what they want or they'll go somewhere else where they can get what they want(regardless of price) and you'll lose the sale. It's a simple concept. So you either start selling what they're looking for or lose all that sales.
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Post by ProPower engines »

The bushing lifters have been out for many years now and any build we do I order lifters with bushings.
Why you ask because guys are not willing to change them. They have a life span and it gets exceeded all the time
and the result it damaged engines when not maintained as they should be.
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors
Geoff2
Guru
Guru

Post by Geoff2 »

Jesel finally got the message: the customer is always right!
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Post by ProPower engines »

Funny thing is I believe ISKY introduced the EZ-Roll lifter bushing option and others have followed.
I know I have got many sets of roller lifters from other suppliers and they have told me they buy the bushings from ISKY
to build the lifters they sell.
With internet todays average guy doing a engine build project gets over whelmed with info and when cost start to get
more then they think they want to spend they make the wrong choice every time.
Recently I had a guy get some lifters for his BBC and when he arrived with them and told me he ONLY paid $210.00. Now I said where did he get them from?? All he could do was complain about the cost I quoted him for a better lifter.

It just proves that the net does more to hurt guys doing a 1st time build because they can shop with prices in front
of them on the screen. I bet 95% of guys just do a build by parts cost alone to get a short lived engine that for a few
hundred bucks more would last a life time.

But again ya can't fix stupid.......................but you can invoice it :lol:
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors
Momus
Pro
Pro

Post by Momus »

swampbuggy wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:59 pm Why ? because needles in a roller lifter is not the best option and prone to fail, and this is the same reason you do not see them between the the big end of a con-rod and its crank journal. Mark H.
They've been used forever with superb reliability and durability as the rod bearings in 4 stroke motorcycles with built up cranks and nose fed oiling.
Warp Speed
Guru
Guru

Post by Warp Speed »

Needle bearing roller lifters.........the root of all evil! :lol: :lol:
bob460
Expert
Expert

Post by bob460 »

Warp Speed wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:58 am Needle bearing roller lifters.........the root of all evil! :lol: :lol:
In the wrong hands they can be EVIL!! :twisted:

It's amazing how the lifter is some how always at fault/blamed.
steve316
Expert
Expert

Post by steve316 »

Bushing never go bad? Roller cam bearing in NASCAR; roller bearing crankshafts on a lot of motor cycles.
Lizardracing
Pro
Pro

Post by Lizardracing »

So owhats the conses here? Bushing or bearings for max life?
Do they not all fail when pressed for beyond their intended design?
My guess is most fail due to improper installation(bores size and index) or supporting parts such as the wrong spring, RPM, etc...